Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bmcmom28 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2009, 05:34 AM
    Moving out of state but still in metro area
    I want to move out of state to be with my boyfriend who I plan to marry. My ex- said that's fine but drop the child support or he won't give permission. Yes it's out of state, but still in the metro area. Nothing would chang as far as visitation. Can he do this?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 26, 2009, 06:17 AM

Yes and no, he can not get out of child support, no court will allow this.
    So the court order for child support will not be droped.

So his request is not a legal one, and he knows nothing about the law.

But if your child custody agreement says you can not move out of STATE. Without his permission you can't without going back to court.

I know mine has a milage listed that we can not move more than "blank" number of miles without the permission of the other plus any move even local has to have a 60 day notice.

So you will have to go back to court and ask to have your child custody agreement modified. As long as you are not moving too many miles away, and you may have to make arrangements to either pay for, or you do the transport if there is added distance envolved.

But both of you could not do the agreement he has asked for, even if both of you wanted to, not legally

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Finding a job when moving to new area. [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I are planning to move about 4hrs away. I've never left my hometown before...:( !! I need some advice on finding a job in the new area and how to get it. I am searching jobs online (and they're plentiful there!). Do I need to go ahead and apply? If so, what if they call me...

View more questions Search