Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chameleon24 Posts: 70, Reputation: 7

Feb 25, 2009, 09:30 PM
    Would like to dye my hair burgundy again.
    I have medium to dark brown hair (my natural shade). I'd like to dye my hair or get highlights but I don't know what to do. Reds don't seem to hold well with my hair color. Twice in my past I've gotten burgundy. I really liked it but it faded quickly. Extremely quickly. Both times I had it professionaly done and it was like I just threw my money out the window.

I'd love to try it out again. Is there any way I can stop it from fading so fast or should I just forget it?
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Feb 26, 2009, 05:42 AM

Fading is a way of life for many people who color their hair. If the hair is damaged, it's even worse. The only real 'fix' is to try to find a temporary or demi-permanent non-damaging color that you can refresh with every two or three weeks (or more often if it's a temporary)

There are some newer products that hold better than older ones. Unfortunately, I don't know which they are. Some Feria shades use "direct dyes" that don't fade as badly as they might.

You might try to do a strand test (on your hair -- just lay a strand on a piece of aluminum foil and dye it there) and wait a couple of weeks to see if the strand fades.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Loreal Color Remover? My hair is a dark burgundy by accident [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, Sunday I went to a salon (in a different city) and asked for my chestnut hair to be dyed a "Chocolate Brown"... Afer 30 minutes and a rinse, to my horror... my roots had lifted to a flaming orangey-red, the ends were fine. I was almost in tears, so the guy put a dark color on top of the...

Deep burgundy and golden blonde? [ 5 Answers ]

Ok I'm dying my hair a golden blonde and underneath I wanted something darker but different So I got a deep burgundy, and I was wandering if it would look OK. Help please I've never done to different colors before

Hair folical body hair vs hair on head [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I have had testing done for a while I tested positive from hair from my head although I did not use. I then tested from my body hair and came back negative. The head hair was 90 to 100 days back and the body test was back almost twelve months. I wish to find out which is the more definitive...

Burgundy Hair [ 5 Answers ]

Would I look good with burgandy hair? http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/gothrockerchick/brittany061.jpg

Too burgundy [ 1 Answers ]

I had my hair colored on Saturday, the salon is closed for the New years holiday, she did not put a toner on but said if it was to red to come back. Just wondering is there something I can do to tone down this burgundy color?

View more questions Search