Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ZmanDog Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2009, 11:42 PM
    Lying and anger problems
    I got this big lying problem and anger problem with my girlfriend. I really need to fix it cause I want us to stay together. I really love her, I just can't help but lie, I don't know why. When she tries to say I'm lying and stuff I just get angry or when she does little stuff I just get angry. I can never let my emotions out to her to know how I feel and stuff. I always just lie and say nothing is ever wrong. I really need help with lying and anger.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Feb 24, 2009, 11:51 PM

How old are the two of you? How long have you been together? Are there any major stresses with either of you lately? Is she acting the same towards you? Have you thought about couples counseling?

Feb 25, 2009, 12:08 AM
    Were both 17 and together for almost 1 year. She's been seeing stuff about my past and she gets angry at it, and I don't know so I lie to cover it up but it just get out of hand. She gets angry and just starts yelling and cussing at me, and hitting so I don't know what to do.
    Vision Expert

Feb 25, 2009, 12:11 AM

Why lie about it? Are you hiding something? What is it that she gets so angry about?

Feb 25, 2009, 12:16 AM
    Well I used to do drugs and stuff and I told her I stopped, when we started dating, but I didn't I did it a few other times and then stopped, and I told her today and she got angry at me, caus ei lied about ti before because I didn't want to break up. Now were just fighting all the time and stuff and I just want us to be happy. We broke up today and I'm really trying to fix things and I told her I would get help and this stuff so that's what I'm trying to do.
    Vision Expert

Feb 25, 2009, 12:21 AM

She deserves to be mad then, and you're lucky that she has stayed with you. You need to get help for your addiction, and if that means letting her go, then so be it.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2009, 08:51 AM

Fix your drug problem first, then worry about your relationship

Feb 25, 2009, 12:55 PM
    Thank you guys but I've been drug free for 8 months now, but she just found out but your right everything does happen for a reason, thanks you guys
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Feb 25, 2009, 01:01 PM

I think both of you need to go to some anger management classes. This could get out of control very quickly. You're angry, and she is angry and cussing at you and hitting you. It does NOT matter if you're the guy and she's a girl. Hitting someone and verbally abusing them is NEVER acceptable.

You both need to find out the reason why you are both so angry.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2009, 01:23 PM

It good that you realize that you need because some people in your situation don't. So seek help for your compulsive lying and for your anger issues. Get counseling and fight this battle while your young because you already fought one, the drug addiction.

Also, know that you and your ex might never get back together and for the time being you need to be alone and I hope you've a go support system. If anything you know what not to do in your next relationship because you should've learned from this one.

So in the meantime you can't fix things with your ex because you need to fix things in your life right now. So leave her alone and move forward.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help my anger [ 11 Answers ]

Hi I'm 15 years old and my name is Brandon. Ok look I have gone to counseling and anger management but none of that stuff works. My anger is starting to even scare me. I don't look for attention and if u want to tell me otherwise u might as well fuck off and pray I don't find you. Well I...

Lying on Federal complaint answer, lying to EEOC [ 1 Answers ]

My question involves court procedures for the state of: Indiana/federal I am suing a govt. agency. They lied profusely in EEOC investigation. I couldn't prove it then. Got copy of investigation record and then KNEW I could prove a few lies, trust me on that. I filed the complaint in fed. Court...

What to do with anger [ 37 Answers ]

I am just writing to ask about suggestions for dealing with anger and pain of unrequited love; and the person treats you like dirt on top of it. I already know that I was stupid to let it even get that deep, let myself be used, and for me feeling the same way for so long. I totally understand, it...

Anger problems [ 12 Answers ]

How does one control their anger in a relationship? How can u prevent arguments and just be happy with one another and just be fair?

Anger problems and depression [ 4 Answers ]

I suffer from anger problems and depression. I just broke up with my girlfriend, because of my problem. I don't realize I am doing it until it is to late, until I hurt somebody emotionally. Then it is to late to fix it. My ex girlfriend and I talked for a little while after our break up, until the...

View more questions Search