Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeffatl Posts: 489, Reputation: 83

Aug 20, 2006, 05:47 PM
    Ive had a BAD past 2 days guys...
    I hung out with "the girl" last night with a bunch of friends, and lets just say it did NOT go well. I can totally tell now that her friend is the cause for ALL of this, so that got me in a huff last night. This morning I woke up and was told my dog died, and to top it all off... I just got rearended AGAIN today by a drunk driver (TWICE IN 2 MONTHS! )... I swear people, I WISH I was making this stuff up... I have had such crappy luck (to say the least) over the past year... oh yea, I start school back tomorrow morning as well!! Im going to bed now, Im so angry Im in tears and shaking... Im NOT drinking though... God knows that's the LAST thing I need right now. I really need a change in luck guys, this crap is just getting to be too much.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Aug 20, 2006, 05:55 PM
    I'm really sorry to hear about your dog and the car. You are having a tough time. No doubt!
    As far as with the girl though...
    Do you think maybe that you are sort of puniching yourself by hanging out with this girl.
    You openly admit to having feelings for her but she isn't after something right now.
    It seem to be driving you insane every time you have any contact with her. You come on Jeff and tell us all these negative feelings you are experencing and they nearly always revolve around some sort of contact with her.
    Maybe it is time to stop that!
    I have said it before and I will say it again! You are going through a tough and very personal issue right now. Your alcoholism.
    You are trying to get sober.
    Please concentrate on YOU!
    YOU YOU YOU! I couldn't say it any clearer.
    Why do you keep concentrating on her. You can't control her and her mixed up feeling or her wacky friend. That is totally out of your control!
    What you can control is your situation and right now I don't see you controlling it effectively.
    Please leave her be for a while. Work on YOU! You may even see that doing this will change your bad luck in the other aspects of your life!

Keep sticking strong Jeff. But do yourself some favours first and look after YOU!

Aug 20, 2006, 06:07 PM
    I know, I didn't even know she was going to be out when I met up with my friends though... and I tried kind of avoiding her all night. I only talked to her a little and when I did her friend got all mad and started giving me bad looks. Seriously, this has been such a CRAPPY year for me its almost funny. I guess the good part is I don't even want to drink right now, I am to overwheled to even go down that road... Wow, I better have something AMAZING coming my way and SOON!
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Aug 20, 2006, 06:12 PM
    Hey the only thing I can say is that when I'm having a bad day I just sit down and watch some TV or lay down because I figure nothing can go wrong just doing that. My condolences on your dog. I had a 18 year old lab that died last year that at times during my childhood I felt like was my only friend (we moved around a lot so I never could make real long term friends). I'm not going to lie it took some time to get over it but you will. I'd recommend just focusing on your school work for the next month or so and forget about this woman in your life. Maybe that will help you put things back in perspective.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Aug 20, 2006, 06:15 PM
    Good. The drink won't solve this bad luck will it! Good that you know that!

Your luck will change but I really think you can help it change!

I love a quote by South African Golfer Gary Player. He won a tournament with a little bit of luck and when questioned by the media on his luck he said "you know its funny, the harder i work, the luckier i seem to get".

I think that is a great little quote that we can think about sometimes when we are down in luck and thinking the world is against us.

He comes from a depressed and unlucky part of the world but he worked hard and got his way to the top of the golfing world. He didn't get there though without working hard and against adversity!

Your no different Jeff. It just takes some hard work! Im sure you're up to it!
    YeloDasy Posts: 363, Reputation: 81

Aug 20, 2006, 07:05 PM
    I am really sorry to hear about your dog... and bad luck in rear ends! :( I am really close to my dog and worry everyday what will I do when he passes... and I tell him daily that he can't leave me! Haha So I am really sorry! It does sound like you have some new goals that you are working towards to keep you fosused, including recovery and school! I would put 100% effort into these right now... not half ***, ALL THE WAY! Keep venting, okay?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 20, 2006, 07:51 PM
    Sorry about the car and dog,

And smile as dad always said not matter how bad today is, tomorrow can make you think it was a great day.
    Blazingsun Posts: 52, Reputation: 19

Aug 20, 2006, 07:54 PM
    People told me about Karma... how if bad things happen good things are right around the corner to equal out the bad again. So chin up... better days are right around the corner.

Just while you are waiting don't let the small things go unnoticed. Like the smell of flowers in the air, the way the sunlight shines on the dewy leaves in the morning... sun rises and sets...

My heart goes out to u about your dog... *hugs*

And congrats on staying alcohol free.
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Aug 20, 2006, 08:21 PM
    Forget this girl Jeff... you're too geeked up over her. She's not your gal. For get her. I thoght there was an agreement you wou;dn't put any improtance into her.

Please, and for the love of god, stay away from the booze. Work on yourself.
    maria26 Posts: 69, Reputation: 6

Aug 20, 2006, 10:10 PM
    I am sorry to hear about your dog, hard thing to go through.
    But I agree with everyone, stop contacting the girl... it is what it is accept and move on. Work on yourself as sugested by everyone, because if you don't have your life in complete balance there is no way adding on more problems (girls-any for that matter) is going to help balance it. Regain complete control of yourself and than things will fall into place. Concentrate on YOU ONLY!
    GaryArt Posts: 43, Reputation: 12

Aug 20, 2006, 11:21 PM
    A long fall always produces a high bounce.
    Amythest Posts: 98, Reputation: 6

Aug 21, 2006, 12:03 AM
    Wow sucky upon sucky. Wher are you from just curious? Well I hope things will work out for you and that things go better. So sorry about the Dog. I have never been really close o dogs but I had a guecko die and I was sad... anyway s that really sucks. I can keep you oin my prayers if you soihs?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 21, 2006, 09:24 AM
    Welcome to the real world, where sometimes it doesn't pay to get out of bed, and as Fr Chuck said and I agree, it could get worse. Sorry about the dog though and CONGRATS on staying sober.
    aqua@home Posts: 565, Reputation: 107

Aug 21, 2006, 09:39 PM
    I'm sorry hear about your bad luck. I think you are doing great with the not drinking thing. Hang in there!

Aug 21, 2006, 11:28 PM
    Wow sucky upon sucky. Where are you from just curious? Well I hope things will work out for you and that things get better. So sorry about the Dog. I have never been really close to dogs but I had a guecko die and I was sad... anyways, that really sucks. I can keep you oin my prayers if you want?

Aug 21, 2006, 11:45 PM
    Im from Atlanta ga. The prayers would be GREAT!
    momincali Posts: 641, Reputation: 242

Aug 23, 2006, 03:51 PM
    Jeff, I am so, so, so sorry about your dog. I know that is a great loss. I'm also sorry about your . Physically, how are you doing? Sometimes, stressful situations won't allow us to feel pain right away. May I suggest seeing a good chiropractor. They can adjust your body and a lot of the unexplained discomforts you feel go away, if your body feels good, than the brain usually follows. I've spoken to my mom and she will be putting you in her chain of prayers with her s at church, they got a pretty good connection with the guy upstairs.

Keep your chin up and your thoughts clear. Things will get better, but only if you assist. I know you didn't know this girl was going to be there and I'm not asking you to hide in a cave, just try and steer clear from her. And, I wouldn't go assuming that her friend is the cause of all this, after all, this girl has a brain of her own does she not? Does she typically allow her friend to take control of the situation? If my friend did that, I'd ask her to stop acting like a mad dog and let me handle my own issue, but that's just me, a big girl. If your friend allows her friend to behave this way, than she must need her to do it, or at least likes it.

Again, keep your chin up and your thoughts clear. Right now is about Jeff, no one else.

Mary

Aug 23, 2006, 04:13 PM
    ... will do :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

7 days late, spotting last 2 days [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My period is 7 days late today. The past couple of days I've been having cramps and I'm always sure my period has started but when I go to the bathroom there's nothing in my underware, just some brown smearing when I wipe. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 2 months... I tested...

For the GUYS! This sums up most guys problems here. Another great e-mail from DD [ 21 Answers ]

This is an e-mail from David Deangelo. He is 1000% correct here. Guys - LEARN from this. It's long BUT almost EVERY guy here does this... ***QUESTION*** Hi Dave, I recently bought your ebook because I have met a Girl that I am really into and I must make it work With her. You are...

Bad past [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'm 17 and have yet to have a girlfriend ( I no it sound really sad), I have had a really bad past from primary to secondary I was really overweight and unattractive this of course lead to low confidence since then thoe I have thined out and become a lot more warrey of what I look like when I go...

10 days past ovulation [ 3 Answers ]

I am 10 days past ovulation and I am starting to get some pains in my lower abdomen, I wouldn't say it was bad pains just feelings I've never noticed. It's almost like a very light cramp or tightness. I'm also starting to feel slight nausea in the mornings and late afternoon. Has anyone...

View more questions Search