Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JustTheTip Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2009, 03:30 PM
    Can I have my boyfriends ex-wife committed ?
    I'll start by saying that she has a history of mental illness (depression, anxiety etc.)
    She recently attempted suicide via overdose. She was treated and released, only to end up back in the E.R. a few days later for the same thing, yet somehow talked her way into being released yet again. She has now resorted to verbal threats against me (which threatens my unborn child) She continually harasses him at work, calling repeatedly. She has called me too. Ideally, I'd like to her confront me at home so I could just have her arrested, but without that happening, is there anyway we could get her committed against her will so she can get the help she needs before she hurts herself or someone else? Her best friend agrees that she has lost her mind, and is a danger to herself. Would it require a family member signing off that she's looney? Or are the suicide attempts enough? :confused:

Thanks for any input.

Southern CA, USA
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2009, 03:52 PM

Cool off and quit taking the talk and actions of a severely disturbed person personally! Drama makes the situation worse for all concerned.
    IF she comes near you in a negative way, just call the police. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get someone committed? [ 22 Answers ]

My mother has had clinical depression for as long as I can remember but she has also been aggressive, threatening and vindictive for that long too. She does things to people in the family that I wouldn't even want to type here and then thinks that THEY are in the wrong. She is a threat to herself...

Becoming friends with ex boyfriends wife? [ 4 Answers ]

My ex boyfreind and I had a very rough break up about three years ago, and I have never talked to him since. He went on to date this girl, got her pregnant and married her. Long story short she added me as a friend on Facebook. We have been talking and get along well. We have very similar...

Needs to be committed [ 5 Answers ]

My brother's wife left him for another man several months ago. She came over to his house the other night and went into his bathroom and slit her wrists. He took her out to the emergency room and their doctor said he would not fill out a report if someone can watch her for three days and not to...

Having someone Committed? [ 1 Answers ]

Does anybody know how to have somebody committed in the state of Florida if they are heavily in to Alcohol and are mentally declining and refuse to get help?

My ex boyfriends estranged wife tried to kidnap my son [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I have a 9 year old son who I have full custody of him right now his father resides in Michigan state I reside in Indiana state my ex boyfriend is my sons father he was remarried or married to this lady she is canadian citizen she had a argument to my ex in dearborn Michigan with my ex which...

View more questions Search