Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jdziegler Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2009, 02:26 PM
    Caculate % H20 in hydrates and number of moles
    After 0.6523 g of is heated, the residue has a mass of 0.3423 g. Calculate the % H2O in the hydrate.

What was the actual number of moles of water per formula unit CoCl2?
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2009, 05:12 PM

1. How many grams have been lost?

2. Divide that by the initial mass. That's the fraction of H2O (you assume that only water was lost. There is a chemical basis for this assumption).

3. You know the mass of CoCl2 that is left. Calculate the number of moles (formula weight) of this. There is one mole of Co per mole of CoCl2.

4. You also know how the weight of water that was lost. Calculate the number of moles of this.

From #3 and #4, you can ratio the number of moles ot water to the number of moles of Co. That's the actual number of moles of water per CoCo2.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How I caculate my deduction on my by-weekly paycheck [ 3 Answers ]

I am single and I have one son in college 20years old. I am living in WA. My salary is $4333 per month Hours per week 50 Per year (times 52) 2600 Times hourly rate ($20) $52.000 I have my son and I pay everything for him. My check by-weekly paycheck $2.167 How much I need to pay for FICA...

Finding the number of moles [ 1 Answers ]

Calculate how many moles of the second reactant would be required to react completely with 5.00 mol of the first reactant. C2H6(g) + O2(g)--->CO2(g) + H2) (g) I have about a dozen of these for homework. Been working on them for hours Can anyone help?

If I register for a business number in Canada and provide my social Insurance number. [ 1 Answers ]

If I register for a business number in Canada and provide my social Insurance number.. ... will my SIN always be "connected" with my business? In other words, as far as Canada REvenue is concerned are they 2 different entities? I want to apply for Bus # for a sole propriatorship

View more questions Search