Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jessi_earle Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2009, 10:10 AM
    2 Dogs peeing everywhere
    Ok, I have 2 dogs a pug and a chihuahua both MALE. They get along great for the most part,but they pee everywhere and on the corners and walls of everything! And I mean everything! But MOST OF ALL... THEY PEE AND POOP IN THEIR KENNELS and on the laundry room floor where they are now kept. The Chi has done that since day one and the Pug used to be better house trained. I used to keep them in separate kennels, but they peed out of the sides all over the floors and carpets. So I took the kennels out and gave them a bed that was plenty big enough for both of them and now they pee and poop all over the bed and laundry room floor, where they are kept while we are gone. My floors and furniture are ruined. IT IS DISGUSTING AND I can't TAKE IT ANYMORE!! PLEASE HELP.:(:(:(

I love my boys!
    Jessi
    SassyVixen Posts: 16, Reputation: 5

Feb 23, 2009, 01:39 PM
    Those two dogs just haven't gotten the message that it is not acceptable to pee or poop in the house. This is going to take some work and dedication over several days to correct. Start by washing everything in your house that carries the scent of their urine or feces. I would then start taking them outside EVERY half hour and immediately after they eat and after they play. Reward them with treats EVERY time they pee or poop outside. Jump up and down and make a big fuss to let them know that you're happy and proud of them. If they have an accident in the house - don't say a word to them and immediately take them outside and give them a treat if they go outside. Its not going to happen overnight, but after several days, they will get the message.

Oh and also make sure they are getting plenty of exercise, walks especially - for two reasons. It will tire them out and males usually pee a lot when they are on a walk to mark their territory. Great opportunity for praise and treats!! Stick with it and good luck!

Feb 23, 2009, 06:45 PM
    But what about the two of them going #1 & 2 in the laundry room all day while we are gone? It seems like every time I get an area clean I turn my back for one second and they have soiled it. I can start coming home during lunch and letting them out. Then rewarding them for going outside to potty. Maybe a week or two of this and I will see some improvement. Thanks for your advice, SassyVixen! :)
    canady Posts: 19, Reputation: 3

Feb 24, 2009, 09:59 AM
    Not nice, first of all how old are your dogs and are they both neutered?

Secondly how long are they left alone during the day.

Is food left for free eating at all times during the day?

Canady
    The natural forces within us are the healers of disease – Hippocrates
    SassyVixen Posts: 16, Reputation: 5

Feb 24, 2009, 10:17 AM
    I would try starting this on a weekend - or if you could take a few days off from work that would be even better, at least to get them trained. After that - I definitely wouldn't leave them home all day without access to outside to potty - that might be some of their problem. Is there anyone in your neighborhood that could let them out every few hours? I have the same problem so I put my two dogs in doggy daycare everyday. It gets a bit expensive - but that's what I signed up for when I got my two two furry friends. I hope this helps.
    1099669 Posts: 63, Reputation: 4

Feb 24, 2009, 10:26 AM
    Have you thought about an outside kennel for when you are not home? That's a long time, especially for a little dog, to not be given the opportunity to relieve oneself

Feb 26, 2009, 04:57 PM
    My dogs are both 4 1/2 years old.

They are usually left alone most of the day 7-8 hours.

No there is no food in their laundry room.

I have thought about letting them run around in the living room and getting a doggie door, but the only thing that worries me is that the chihuahua will get out some how. We have fixed all the holes and such but it is a long time to be gone. Also I live in Texas and with this heat, I don't know if it would be good for them to be out all day.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Are hot dogs safe for dogs [ 7 Answers ]

Are hot dogs safe for me to feed to my dog,or are there any health issues I should be concerned with?

Dogs won't stop peeing in house and behavior changes [ 2 Answers ]

We own two dogs. One is named Bear, she is a 9 month old flat coat retriever. We adopted her from a fellow college student back in December. The other dog we named Foxie and she is a two year old retirever mix we adopted from the humane society about a month ago. We made sure the two dogs got...

The Peeing Pug [ 2 Answers ]

Hi We have an almost 2 year old neutered male pug named Oliver. We raised him from a puppy and took him to puppy school and a follow up obedience class. He quickly learned potty training and we have never had any problems with him. Since we've had him he has basically been by my side the whole...

Dogs tearing stuff up and peeing in crate.ahhhhh [ 2 Answers ]

I have two puppys a 6 month old and a 7 month old and I'm super confused. We crate them at night and let them go potty before and as soon as we get up they are also crated while we are at work but get plenty of time outside of the crate. Yet every time they are in their crate they pee we have...

Cat is peeing [ 2 Answers ]

Recently my Fiancée and I moved into a new house and our one cat has started peeing on our couch. Now I know that there are lots of reason as to why this is happening but I just want to know if it very well could be stress related and not a UTI. He's usually a very good cat and this is the first...

View more questions Search