Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jjjjjhines Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2009, 09:43 AM
    Bypass filtration system in fridge
    Hello, I would like to by pass the water filter in my fridge, I have a filter in the line in the basement, the replacement filters for the fridge are $35.00. Can someone tell me how to do it?:)
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 22, 2009, 10:11 AM
    Just leave the old filter in the refrigerator or if there is a bypass switch turn it to bypass or take the unit apart and tie the two lines that feed the filter together or check to see if a adapter is available to attach to the refrigerator filter to allow it to be bypassed. I do not believe you will find a simple solution since the manufactures want to keep selling you filters.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drinking Water Filtration System [ 4 Answers ]

I am shopping for an under counter drinking water filtration system. I am wondering if the systems have to be connected to the faucets that they come with, or if you can connect them to a different faucet. I want to get the Kohler K6665 faucet cold only beverage faucet, but connect it to a...

Best whole house water filtration system [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best and easiest whole house water filtration system?:confused: :confused:

How do I increase H2O pressure on well system with a water filtration system? [ 2 Answers ]

Howdy, I would like to know how I can increase my water pressure. My current system uses a well pump with a small pressure tank, and "D" control valve. It then runs through a WATERSOFT filtration tank, RAINSOFT water softner, and on the Hot water side, an AQUASTAR on demand hot water system. I...

View more questions Search