Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paharlaw Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2009, 11:44 AM
    Leaking hot water in tub kohler faucet
    I have a kohler bathtub faucet that is leaking hot water. It has three knobs (hot, cold and shower). I turned off the water and tried to take the faucet apart. I took the screw out under the cap, but the cap will not come off to get to the inner workings. Any suggestions on how to get it apart.
    Thanks
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2009, 12:03 PM

See the Image below will show you the tool how to remove the hadles, Thanks.

John
    Attached Images

paharlaw Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2009, 12:08 PM

Thank you. I'll head to the hardware store and see if they have one.
    Pam
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Feb 21, 2009, 01:17 PM

As it is always a case, the trim is calcified which prevents its easy removal. Tap it with screwdriver handle on opposite sides until you'll feel a wiggle- than wiggle it out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kohler 3 knob shower faucet keeps turning and turning on the hot water. [ 12 Answers ]

I have a 3 knob Kohler shower faucet in my bathroom. The hot water keeps turning and turning and doesn't stop. The water does turn on and off but it also keeps dripping. I have to play with it in order to prevent it from dripping as much as possible. How can I fix this? It is an older type Kohler...

Very low water pressure on Kohler K-10412 kitchen faucet [ 13 Answers ]

I have very low water pressure (hot and cold) on a less than 1 year old Kohler single control K-10412 kitchen faucet. It's low via the main spout or the spay hose and the problem is not with the aerator. It worked fine up until a few days ago. Any ideas?

Filtered Water Faucet Leaking [ 2 Answers ]

We have a reverse osmosis system on our kitchen sink. The small 'faucet' that dispenses the filetered water is leaking out of its breathing tube. I disconnected it assuming it was blocked but can't find any evidence that's the case. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Kohler Fairfax 12172 Faucet Hot Water Supply Hose leak [ 5 Answers ]

I have the Kohler model in the title... the 12172. Today, the metal-braided supply hose on the hot water side started leaking badly. It's definitely leaking at the top where it meets the faucet, and seems to be leaking a little at the bottom where it meets the water supply. Here's the faucet...

Leaking bathtub faucet Hot water PF brand 14 years old [ 12 Answers ]

Our bathtub faucet is leaking a lot. My husband has replaced the stems and it stops for a little while then starts again. Any suggestions what we can try? I'm not sure if it is related but now the kitchen sink has lost a lot of it's water pressure, but that's the only place. Any help would be...

View more questions Search