Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lolmes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2006, 03:21 PM
    Hair color remover
    I have read some of the respones re Loreal Color Zap for removal of hair color. Will this product remove the product "Shades?" I am approx 75% gray and would like to simply go all gray. My 1/2" roots are natural gray and I have about 1 1/2" of "Shades" with the ends (about 1") being permanent color in a medium brown with reddish tones. If Color Zap takes out the dye, do I HAVE to re-color or will my gray return where the color was? Thanks for any info.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Aug 29, 2006, 10:58 PM
    Loreal Color Zap is designed to remove permanent hair color from the hair. It can also make gray or natural hair color brassy, so you will need to re-color it.
    swalis Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2006, 07:50 PM
    I dyed my light brown hair blonde and it turned a light reddish color. What can I do to tone the red hair down?
    -

Oct 8, 2006, 11:27 PM
    You will need to use a green-base hair coloring product to counter-act the red tones in your hair. Use a Ash Blonde or Dark Ash Blonde hair color. These colors contain a green base that can tone down the red.

Oct 9, 2006, 06:34 AM
    Will my hair turn green?
    -

Oct 9, 2006, 09:12 PM
    No, it won't turn your hair green. The green-base color is designed to neutralize red tones. For instance, if your hair was orange, you would need to use a blue-base color to neutralize the orange hue. When hair becomes an unwanted shade, the hairstylist will use colors such as blue, green, red or violet to cancel out unwanted tones.

Oct 11, 2006, 05:43 AM
    Thank you
    Cindy Downie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2007, 04:43 PM
    I recently dyed my hair dark brown and it has really harsh red tones... I bought the product unred,, can I use that on my hair when I recolor it ? Is the pruduct L'Oreal Hair remover safe to use on my hair and what should I expect to happen before I start to do. Do not want to freak out over a chemical change... Thank you very much for your time , I greatly appreciate it.
    natalieismyname Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2008, 11:32 AM
    OK due to my 'emo phase' in life I did what any other sterotypical emo would do and dye it black, since then I stupidly bleacehed it (all my hair died, bcome stringy, fall out) I went back to black because blonde didn't suit me and had my hair cut short (it was an awful haircut- imagine willy wonker). However my hair is healthy now.

Anyway my hair has grown since but I was fed up with the black so I lightened (went ginge/blonde) and then added a brown dye on top. So my hair is of course increidbley patchy from where some lightner took well so it's a variety shades of browns and blondes. Its awfull. My natural hair is also coming through which is making my uneven hair even more uneven.

Does this 'Loreal Color Zap' remove all of the dyes, even ones which have been in my hair for months? Will it turn one base colour or different varietys of colour? Will it damage my hair/ dry out?

Sorry if these seems repatative of all other questions but I'm 15, have lack of money and can't really afford professional colour removal and saving up money would take months and I want to change it now because its s awful.
    des1018 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2009, 07:58 PM
    What are some store brands of green based hair dyes?
    janeie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2010, 12:24 PM
    My hair's turned green before from ash hair color, be careful... it depends on the person, I never use ash based hair color.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HELP! Brown hair color turned my hair a dark red! [ 31 Answers ]

So my girlfriend helped me color my hair to hide a few gray hairs coming in. Its usually a light to med brown, thought I might go darker. We used Loreal excellence crème ( Medium Brown). It actuall turned my hair into almost a dark redish brown, looks like I have naturally dark red hair! HELP! ...

What color would my hair fade into.. [ 7 Answers ]

Ok well... I heard that Prell shampoo works well. See... I experiment with my hair often. My hairstylist, Carlos, and me decided I could go a shade and a half brighter in my red because it was fading fast. I was scared to do the whole head so I higlighted it... and because of that, I did not dye my...

How to take out hair color [ 6 Answers ]

I dyed my hair black and I want to go back to my natural color without going to salon and doing it and I'm wondering what the best way is to take the color out

Hair dye remover? [ 7 Answers ]

I am a thirty year old who got her first gray hair as a freshman in HIGH SCHOOL. :eek: I've been dying my hair for a long time. After college, I went blonde to help blend in the gray, but it got too expensive. I've done shades of brown, and even went red so I could be annie for halloween about...

Hair color [ 4 Answers ]

My daughter tried to bleach her hair about 2 weeks ago, when can we dye it a darker color?

View more questions Search