Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Feb 20, 2009, 12:19 AM
    Bathroom Hamper
    I don't know that this is in the right spot because I couldn't find a more fitting spot, but:

Can you help me think of a creative way to incorporate a hamper into a small small bathroom?
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2009, 12:50 AM

Hi ChihuahuaMomma

Could use a little more info. What is finish on walls paint, tile,paneling or wall paper.

I had same problem and built the hamper into the wall between 2 studs. I installed it behind the door. The finished product gave me a storage area of 3 feet high-12 inches wide and 7 inches deep.

I have sheetrock walls that are painted so the cutting was easy. I finished the unit with the same color paint as walls. This helped blend it in.

If this will work for you, let me know and I will give you more details.

Good luck

Chuck
    Vision Expert

Feb 20, 2009, 12:55 AM

We can't attach it to the wall, it's a rental...

It's just painted walls.
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2009, 01:10 AM

What I did before the built in was use a wastepaper basket with a cover
    Vision Expert

Feb 20, 2009, 01:11 AM

That's my issue, there's no room for one..
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2009, 03:08 AM

Do u have enough space to hang it on the door? If so bed bath and beyond has several different ones

Chuck
    Vision Expert

Feb 20, 2009, 03:12 AM

No, because then the door wouldn't open all the way...
    Ber Rabbit Posts: 134, Reputation: 23

Feb 20, 2009, 07:14 AM

If you have a regular vanity is there room under the sink? We ended up putting ours in the hallway.
    Ber
    Vision Expert

Feb 20, 2009, 02:17 PM

Nope, it's a bench counter. I think that's the best description of it... I tried putting a regular laundry basket down there, but it wouldn't fit all the way because of the pipe for the sink. But that's what I do in the other bathroom because it is a vanity and has a skirt.
    logan176 Posts: 341, Reputation: 6

Feb 20, 2009, 08:01 PM

It sounds like your only option is to buy a nice looking hamper and put it in your bedroom. It's not what you wanted to hear, but it will look better than trying to cram one in the bathroom. Good luck.
    Vision Expert

Feb 22, 2009, 07:54 PM

I have six hampers in the house. They do no good because people leave their clothes on the bathroom floor and I want a hamper in there to deter this behavior..
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2009, 10:43 PM

I know the problem u are having with people leaving clothes on the floor in the bathroom. I had the same thing with my grandson. The way I solved this problem== took his clothes and put them in garage. Told him I threw them out. After the third day, he was picking up and putting them in the laundry room witch is on the same floor.

Chuck
    Vision Expert

Feb 23, 2009, 08:41 PM

That's fine with a child, but you can't teach an old dog new tricks ((especially not two)). This behavior is my male roommate and my boyfriend.
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2009, 11:34 PM

My grandson at the time was 18. Its worth a try. I take it u share this bathroom. I'm at a lose to any otherway to do it. Don't want to start a war over it.

Good luck
    Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bathroom plumbing with basement bathroom [ 1 Answers ]

Could you please tell me what cause my upstairs bathroom to back up into my basement bathroom?

Another Bathroom is needed... The boys are fighting to use the bathroom [ 7 Answers ]

First, thank you for having this kind of forum. Now also let me say that I'm not well versed in the plumbing lingo so hopefully you will be patient with my questions. I live in a 3 levels home (Basement, Main, Upstairs) with the existing bathroom is on the main floor. I'm planing to add...

Bathroom [ 1 Answers ]

I have a pop up bathtub drain plug, with a threaded end on the bottom. I think where the threaded end connects in the drain has stripped out. Can this piece be replaced or what do I need to do to fix the problem? Thank you

View more questions Search