Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sinkclogged Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2009, 12:39 PM
    Double sink clogged way down - snake used
    My double sink backed up with brown, nasty water with bits of food waste 2 days ago. It shoots out the overflow and comes up and down in both sides of the sink when I run the garbage disposer. I tried a commercial drain cleaner to no avail. Hours later, my husband took it apart and ran a snake down and didn't find a clog as far as the snake would go. Our kitchen is directly over our laundry room - don't seem to be having issues down there.

I had wedged a new wood shelf under the garbage disposal side that day, but had been using the sink with no problems until hours later. Could I possibly have accidentally turned a handle under the sink that would cause this back-up? :confused: The bathrooms 20 feet or so away upstairs and down don't seem to be affected by the clog at the moment. The house is 30 years old.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 19, 2009, 01:43 PM

The wedge was just a coincidence, not related to your drain. Your hubby needs a longer snake, he might also try roding up from below.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 19, 2009, 01:48 PM
    Where did Hubby snake from? The trap. ( it is "P" trap isn't it?) or the kitchen roof vent? Back to you, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am trying to convert my single sink bathroom to a double sink, [ 1 Answers ]

I have a single sink in my bathroom at this point, am trying to put a double sink counter top on it. My question is if I have to put a double drain pipes or if I can put a T on the excisting one, same question for the hot, and cold water. Am just worried about the drain pipe hopefully you guys can...

Clogged double kitchen sink [ 1 Answers ]

My kitchen sink is very clogged,I plunged the right side and the left side goes down but as soon as I take the plunger off the right side water comes back into the left so I'm keeping the right side stopped up with the plunger. I've tried liquid plumer twice and nothing seems to help.please help me...

Clogged double kitchen sink [ 2 Answers ]

On occasion when I see water standing in my right sink where the garbage disposal is, I assume something is in the disposal and while running water turn it on and clear it out. In that circumstance waste then goes into the opposite sink. This has gradually gotten worse and now both sinks fill up...

Double Sink and Width of Sink Base [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I just bought my first condo, and immediately changed the appliances (my fridge is now larger than the previous one at 30 inches wide (normal I know). I am not replacing the cabinets. I have limited space on one wall, so I need to DOWNGRADE from a 36 inch SINK BASE to a 33 inch SINK BASE. My...

Replacing Sink Base, need a double sink? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I just bought my first condo, and immediately changed the appliances (my fridge is now larger than the previous one at 30 inches wide (normal I know). I am not replacing the cabinets. I have limited space on one wall, so I need to DOWNGRADE from a 36 inch SINK BASE to a 33 inch SINK BASE....

View more questions Search