Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vicky2009 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2009, 06:11 PM
    Worried new wife
    I just married a great man that has grown greedy kids and everyone is telling me that if any thing happens to him his kids can take my home because when we married it became his home now too. Can they take my home that I owned before we married with only my name on the deed. Is my home my new husbands if I were to die or will it go to my son that I have from another marriage or do I need to make a will.
    DSM521 Posts: 114, Reputation: 23

Feb 18, 2009, 06:34 PM
    I can't really answer any of your questions but in my opinion it is never a bad idea to have a will. That way there is no question how you want your possessions to be handled.
    frangipanis Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2009, 08:14 PM

Hi vicky, you need to see a solicitor to set up a financial agreement between yourself and your husband, and to take care of your will separately.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 18, 2009, 08:19 PM

It will depend greatly on where you live, if in the US, or other nations, and if in the US even what state.

But with new and old families, there should always be a will.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Worried new wife [ 1 Answers ]

I own my own home and I just married to a great man but some told me now my home is my new husbands and if he dies his grow kids can get it from me , is that true.

My wife is on L2 Visa and I want to apply SSN for my wife and son. [ 1 Answers ]

I want to apply for SSN for my wife and Son (2years old). I'm on L1 and my wife on L2. Am I eligible to apply SSN for my wife and Kid? IF so what acceptable reason I need to give for applying SSN? I need to get the benefit of stimulas package where as my wife is not going to work here. But I need...

Wife on dependent visa and husband dies, can wife stay in UK? [ 1 Answers ]

Husband worked in UK for 7 yrs and wife has worked here about 5. Wife is on dependent visa. Husband got seriously ill and died recently. Is wife allowed to still stay in UK? What should she do to be able to stay? Can she apply for permanent residence? Husband is buried to UK and wife would like to...

Very Worried [ 2 Answers ]

Im 29 yrs old, I have 3 kids.. 2 of which are twins. 4 yrs ago after I had my twins I had my tubes tied/burned everything... I do not want any more kids what so ever. I have irregular periods often and I always have. Lately I have been overly stressed, depressed to where I don't even want to...

Bi-polar, infertile husband, gives up on wife and life. (by wife) [ 17 Answers ]

I got married nearly 4 years ago. Recently I found out that my husband is bi-polar and has pathological lying disorder. Just before that. We took was out $27,000 for IVF treatment, and long story short he stopped working and would not get a job, created debt, lied about it etc. While I was going...

View more questions Search