Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dessa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2006, 06:52 PM
    Can I be pregnant, is this implantation bleeding?
    Hello everyone,

The first day of my last period was July 19, 2006, I had never be on birth control. My period was suppose to come today August 16, but yesterday I notice a pinkish discharge. This discharge is very very light, I wear a panty liner and keep checking hoping that my period would show up but I've had no luck just yet.

Could this be an irregular period or am I experiencing implantation bleeding? I've never being pregnant before so I'm kind of in the dark and don't want to ask any of my family members or friends.

HELP, please tell me what you think.
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Aug 16, 2006, 09:48 PM
    Please read the sticky at the top of the pregnancy and new motherhood area of this site. It will help to explain Implantation bleeding. If you have questions after that feel free to ask.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 17, 2006, 04:44 AM
    Please read this. If you have any questions after reading I will be glad to answer them.
    LUNAGODDESS Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Aug 17, 2006, 07:03 PM
    Implantation bleeding, or spotting, occurs approximately 8-12 days after conception. It occurs when the blastocyst (which develops into the fetus) embeds into the uterine wall. Implantation provides necessary nutrients to the growing pregnancy, which the placenta will later supply. The bleeding usually lasts from one to two days, is pink, and not associated with pain or cramps. The amount of blood or discharge is small, but can be mistaken for a period as it often occurs near the time of menses (in women with 28-day cycles).

If there is a free a clinic call them and ask the question a calming voice can help... good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Implantation bleeding [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, my LMP was on the 21st June. From the 32nd day onwards I have had brown spotting with mild to moderate cramps for the 5th day continuously now.Im worried if I may have miscarried. My pregnancy test comes very faintly positive. Please advice me. Puli.

Implantation bleeding.. Possibly pregnant?advice needed [ 4 Answers ]

Hi yes my husband and I are Trying to conceive. I got off BCP on June 24th. And we had unprotected sex sevearl times in July. I took an ovulation test on the 24th and it showed I was ovulating. We had sex the 22nd-24h and the 27th. I had some cramps which felt like my period was coming. Since my...

Implantation bleeding? [ 7 Answers ]

The last time I got my period was on July 12th. A couple of days ago I started getting some mild spotting and then last night I bled for about an hour to two hours or so.. I am wondering whether it seems to be implantation bleeding. I have never had a irregular period and seeing that its about 2...

IMPLAntation Bleeding? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi.. Recently I had a short period of bleeding... about week. after my period went away...It was very pink at first and light and the second day turned a little darker.. (lasted only 2 days) I had intercourse twice after my period and several times before my period came.... I read about...

View more questions Search