Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johnehurst Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2006, 12:13 PM
    Remote amperage rating for Ellington WC-100
    I recently bought a ceiling fan and have been told by the ceiling fan company to use a remote made by Emerson called an SW-101 wall unit, that is rated at 1.25 amps. Doing a bit of research, I found an Ellington WC-100 that appears to be exactly like the SW-101.

Does anyone know if this unit from Ellington is rated at 1.25 amps? My interest is the fact that the Ellington remote unit is about 1/2 the price of the Emerson.

Thank you
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2006, 04:47 PM
    I am sure the Ellington remote will be fine. Most ceiling fans use around an amp. What make is the fan?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Circuit amperage [ 2 Answers ]

If I have a 15 amp circuit does that mean I can only run one 15 amp rate device on that circuit? Or can I run any number of 15 amp or even higher amp devices, with wattage being the criterion for not overloading the circuit?

150 Amp Service Adding more Amperage [ 1 Answers ]

The house we are looking at to buy has a 150 AMp Main breaker box. Can this be replaced with a 200 Amp box to give additional capacity in terms of load? I am planning to build a workshop that will have a 50 AMP sub panel to provide 30 AMP 220 and several 20 AMP 110 circuits

Amperage lost from a current transformer to utility's electric meter(?) [ 2 Answers ]

I work for an Electric utility. Have noticed that the actual amperage running through a phase does not match the amperage being sent to the meter with it's proper multiplier from the current transformer (CT)? Example: phase A is using 83 amps. The X1 tap to the meter from the current...

Looking for product rating software with... [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Guys, I am looking for a product rating software or code that I can use that can do the following: Example: I want to post 10 similar products in some random order and my visitors will rate the product. I want a software or code that can list the products,in the order of their respective...

Recessed cans and I/C rating, what does it really mean? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello again all, and thanks in advance for any advice you can offer. I installed 8 recessed (6") cans in my attic ceiling. they are rated for insulation contact (I/C) . they are installed in a 2x4 ceiling. i plan to lay insulation perpindicular/over the top of the 2x4's. and then also insulate...

View more questions Search