Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jackswaton Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2009, 02:05 PM
    Carrier Weathermaker 8000 model # 58wav070-12 Error 33
    Good morning!
    I have a Carrier Weathermaker 8000 model # 58wav070-12. It is giving an error code of 33. I have cleaned the filter (it was very dirty). But the error will not go away.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Jack

Here is the Error text:
    11 NO PREVIOUS CODE - Stored status codes are erased when power (115V or 24V) to control is
    Interrupted or 48 hours after each fault is cleared.
    12 BLOWER ON AFTER POWER UP (115V or 24V) - Blower runs for 90 seconds, if unit
    Is powered up during a call for heat (R-W closed).
    13 LIMIT OR FLAME ROLL-OUT SWITCH LOCKOUT - Auto reset after three hours. For flame
    Roll-out switch or fuse link, refer to #33.
    14 IGNITION LOCKOUT - Control will auto-reset after three hours. Refer to #34.
    21 GAS HEATING LOCKOUT - Control will NOT auto reset.
    Check for: - Stuck gas valve relay on control or miswire to gas valve circuit.
    22 ABNORMAL FLAME-PROVING SIGNAL - Flame is proved while gas valve is
    De-energized. Inducer will run until fault is cleared. Check for:
    - Stuck-open gas valve or leaky gas valve.
    23 PRESSURE SWITCH DID NOT OPEN Check for:
    - Obstructed pressure tubing. - Defective pressure switch (stuck closed).
    24 SECONDARY VOLTAGE FUSE IS OPEN
    Check for: - Short circuit in secondary voltage (24V) wiring.
    31 PRESSURE, DRAFT SAFEGUARD, OR AUXILIARY-LIMIT (when used) SWITCH DID
    NOT CLOSE OR REOPENED - If open longer than five minutes, inducer shuts off for
    15 minutes before retry. Check for:
    - Proper vent sizing and condensate pitch. - Inadequate Combustion air supply.
    - Vent restriction or high winds. - Low inducer voltage.
    - Defective inducer motor or start capacitor. - Disconnected or obstructed pressure tubing.
    - Defective pressure switch or connections. If it opens after trial for ignition period, blower will
    Come on for 90 second recycle delay.
    33 LIMIT OR FLAME ROLL-OUT SWITCH IS OPEN - If open longer than three minutes, code
    Changes to #13. Check for:
    - Defective blower motor or start capacitor. - Dirty filter or restricted duct system.
    - Loose blower wheel. - Defective switch or connections.
    - Inadequate Combustion air supply Flame Roll-out Switch or fuse link.
    - Open Flame Roll-out switch,or fuse link. Manual reset or replace.
    34 IGNITION PROVING FAILURE - Control will try three more times before a lockout #14
    Occurs. If flame signal lost after trial for ignition period, blower will come on for
    90 second recycle delay. Check for:
    - Oxide buildup on flame sensor (clean with fine sandpaper).
    - Proper flame sense microamps (.5 microamps D.C. minimum).
    - Gas valve turned off. - Manual shut-off valve. - Low inlet gas pressure.
    - Green wire MUST be connected to furnace sheet metal.
    - Inadequate flame carryover or rough ignition.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 16, 2009, 02:55 PM
    Well you kind of answered your own question

33 LIMIT OR FLAME ROLL-OUT SWITCH IS OPEN - If open longer than three minutes, code
    Changes to #13. Check for:
    - Defective blower motor or start capacitor. - Dirty filter or restricted duct system.
    - Loose blower wheel. - Defective switch or connections.
    - Inadequate Combustion air supply Flame Roll-out Switch or fuse link.
    - Open Flame Roll-out switch,or fuse link. Manual reset or replace

Did you check the above items?
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2009, 05:49 PM
    If the filter was very dirty, chances are the unit has been cycling via the high-limit for some time, and it may now be stuck in the open position. Try removing it and tapping the disc against a hard surface (like the floor) to see if it will reset. This action may get you through a pinch, but the control should be replaced and the filter given more attention.

Feb 16, 2009, 06:28 PM
    Guys,
    Thanks for responding. One problem I have is that I can't test all of the different scenarios in Error 33. Regarding tapping the High Limit unit, I can't find a picture of that item to knock about!

Any idea what I should be looking for? I have the manual but I don't see where the unit is.

Thanks,
    Jack

Feb 16, 2009, 06:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jackswaton View Post
    Guys,
    Thanks for responding. One problem I have is that I can't test all of the different scenarios in Error 33. Regarding tapping the High Limit unit, I can't find a picture of that item to knock about!

Any idea what I should be looking for? I have the manual but I don't see where the unit is.

Thanks,
    Jack
    Here is a link to the manual. I have the upflow version:

http://www.docs.hvacpartners.com/idc...it/om58-93.pdf
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2009, 06:43 PM
    The main/high limit control is located in the center of the cell panel, usually behind the gas control, with 2 red wires attached and mounted with 2 zinc-plated (yellowish) screws. Look for a number on the front that starts with "HH12ZB---". If you have a continuity tester, turn off power, remove wires, and check control. No continuity indicates a control that is open.

Feb 16, 2009, 07:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jackswaton View Post
    Here is a link to the manual. I have the upflow version:

http://www.docs.hvacpartners.com/idc...it/om58-93.pdf
    You DA MAN!
    I found the unit and unplugged one of the terminals. Once I plugged it back in... whoosh! We're in business.

I've been unemployed for 10 months, my wife went through cancer at the same time, our live-in father-in-law broke his hip and is recovering from pneumonia, etc. etc. You've saved us many critical dollars!

God bless you,
    Jack and Family
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2009, 04:45 AM
    Good deal, but as I said before, replace the limit as a repeat of this problem is likely if it has been "tortured". They are pretty cheap ($6-$10). And don't neglect your air filter.

Feb 17, 2009, 12:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KC13 View Post
    Good deal, but as I said before, replace the limit as a repeat of this problem is likely if it has been "tortured". They are pretty cheap ($6-$10). And don't neglect your air filter.
    I've learned my lesson on the air filter! Do you know where to find said beastie part?

Jack
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2009, 05:48 PM
    If there isn't a Carrier, Bryant, or Payne distributor in your area, check furnaceparts.com. You will need the "HH12ZB---" number.

Feb 17, 2009, 09:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KC13 View Post
    If there isn't a Carrier, Bryant, or Payne distributor in your area, check furnaceparts.com. You will need the "HH12ZB---" number.
    Thanks and good night.

Jack

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Error Codes for a Carrier Weathermaker 8000 [ 7 Answers ]

Can I find the error codes to my furnace online? I have a Carrier Weathermaker 8000 model # 58wav070-12.

Error code 14 - Carrier Weathermaker 8000 [ 4 Answers ]

I've cleaned the flame sensor after days of ups and downs into my attic. I'm wondering if there is a reset switch that I need to trip. My steps were 1) unplug the power source, 2) remove covers, 3) turn off gas control switch 4) clean flame sensor with steel wool and 5) reverse through the...

Carrier Weathermaker 8000 [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am having a problem with my Carrier Weathermaker 8000, Last night when we went to bed, everything was fine, this morning when we woke up it was a chilly 61 degrees in our home. Our neighbor came over to try and fix the problem, but, now we can't get the heater to come on at all, before while...

Carrier weathermaker 8000 [ 3 Answers ]

I have a carrier weathermaker 8000 gas furance... when the thermastat calles for heat the furance turns on it willgo for 3 for 4 min... then the flame stops and the blower runs for the 128 seconds... this is all normal... but the thermastat is still calling for heat and the furance kick on again...

View more questions Search