Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    srik82 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2009, 11:00 AM
    Travelling Job- Need to file Tax for residence state or workplace state?
    Hello,

I was living in Kansas from Nov 07- June 08. Then moved to New Mexico in July 08 and I currently reside here.

All this time, I was working for a job in PA where I worked from Mon - Thursday, Friday work from home. My company is based in Delaware and my W2 shows Delaware.

Do I have to file state tax for PA?
    Do I have to file state tax for Kansas and New Mexico?

Please help.
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Feb 17, 2009, 02:14 AM

You must file tax return for all the three states if your incomes exceeds the filing requirements.

If you are present in a state, then any income earned during this period, must be reported to the state.

To your resident state, you must report your worldwide income for the year. Read: Your U.S. Tax Return: Working or Living in Two or More states

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Which state do I file my state income tax? [ 1 Answers ]

I live in New Jersey and work in Delaware. I have Delaware state tax deducted from my paycheck. Do I file my taxes with the state of Delaware? Also, do I need to file with the state of New Jersey?

Urgent - Query regarding state of residence [ 1 Answers ]

My first passport was issued in Chandigarh. Later on I moved to Bangalore. As the pages of my passport had exhausted, I got a new passport issued in Karnataka. Now I have resigned as getting married. So I am back to Punjab. I am trying to get visa interview in Delhi. Now I want to know what should...

Do I have to pay Georgia State taxes if I have my main residence in Florida but have [ 1 Answers ]

Do I have to pay Georgia State taxes if I have my main residence in Florida but have an apartment in Georgia? I work for an automotive manufacturer and travel to dealerships in Georgia, Alabama and Florida. I will retain my Florida Residency but the company I work for wants me to get an apartment...

Need to file NY state tax even my W-2 shows only DE state on it? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am an employee of DE state company and I work in NY. I have been working in NY from Sep 25th'07. Can you help me to decide if I need to file for NY state also? I am under the impression that I have to file just for DE as my W-2 is run from DE state. Curretnly I am under "OPT" from the date I...

Source of income different from state of work and residence [ 1 Answers ]

I was in F1- OPT from feb 1 of 2005 and got employed by a firm in NJ and am working as a IT tech support for a client in Nashville ,TN. I have been living in TN for about an year now. I have been paying the federal tax (15%) and also the NJ state tax till date. From August I have transferred to an...

View more questions Search