Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Heather0903 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2009, 11:28 PM
    I want to adopt my little brother
    My moms totally unfit to take care of him and is threatening to send him away to some home is there any way I can stop it and adopt my brother?
    trmpldonagn Posts: 252, Reputation: 15

Feb 16, 2009, 12:09 AM

Heather, how old are you?
    I don't want to give you incorrect information. I've only seen such movies based on true stories where this did happen so please, sit tight and the people here will help you. I want to follow up myself with this since it is very sensitive. I will check back. Hang in there and my best to you.
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2009, 04:50 AM

Your age is going to play a huge factor. Your current status (student, unemployeed, gainfully employeed and supporting yourself) is also a deciding factor.

As for adopting... possibly not. There is always a solid change of gaining guardianship however.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 16, 2009, 07:07 AM

I would concentrate on getting guardianship. Go to your local family services agency and explain the circumstances. If you can show you can support both of you, I think you stand a good chance of becoming his guardian.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I related to my brother-in-laws brother? [ 12 Answers ]

It's been this huge discussion lately with many many MANY different answers, and I would like to know, If my sister marries a man, am I related to him AND his siblings? I have no idea...

How can I adopt my brother? [ 4 Answers ]

Im 21 years old and I'm married I have a 13 year old brother that I want to adopt.Our parents are divorce my dad doesn't live in the USA and he's not able to provide for my brother and my mom is unable to support him because she doesn't have a job and because of her immigration status it has...

Brother wants costody of younger brother [ 3 Answers ]

Brother wants costody of younger brother Hi my name is Russell and I'm from Minnesota and I have a younger brother that is 15 going on 16 and wants 2 live with me how would...

View more questions Search