Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crossbizz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2009, 12:01 PM
    Business in home country with US clients
    Dear sir,
    I am currently on F1 visa in US, I am starting with my IT and services business in India.
    My clients will be mainly from US, I cannot gain emplyment in US for more than 20 hours /week on campus while I am studying as per law. Now Can I run my business in India and me being as an executive director for the company. Company will have US clients and I will be talking with them about business development of course. I am not on any payroll of US as we don't have any office in US and we don't intend to for near future.
    What US immigration laws applies on me for doing business in my home country being an executive director and clients in US itself.

Thanks!
    DCcityboy Posts: 648, Reputation: 27

Feb 15, 2009, 04:26 PM

As long as you are not engaged in any employment in the US or doing any "compensable work" in the US on behalf of your company in India, you are fine. Unfortunately, speaking with clients and business development seems to me compensable work. I would advise you to consult with an experienced business immigration lawyer. Good luck!
    crossbizz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2009, 11:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DCcityboy View Post
    As long as you are not engaged in any employment in the US or doing any "compensable work" in the US on behalf of your company in India, you are fine. Unfortunately, speaking with clients and business development seems to me compensable work. I would advise you to consult with an experienced business immigration lawyer. good luck!
    Thanks... I am waiting for others to reply too...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there tax deduction for home loan in other country for property in that country? [ 6 Answers ]

If a person is carrying a home loan in some other country (outside US) for some property in that country is there any tax relief/deduction from IRS for such person ?

Business Letter: Setting up corporate accounts with clients [ 1 Answers ]

I want to introduce myself and have the clients who stayed at the hotel set up with a corporat account. How do I do this?

F2 visa - continue to run own business in home country [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, my husband will be studying in the US on an F1 visa. I will therefore apply for an F2 visa and move to the US to be together. Currently I run my own business in the UK and intend to continue doing so but from the US with several trips back to the UK a year. I know that an F2 does not...

View more questions Search