Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sweetvtmom Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2009, 06:59 PM
    RTH221 Programmable Thermostat
    We installed the RTH221 one today and the only way I can get my gas furnace to shut off is to remove the top plate. There is 2 wires, the white went into the Y and the red went into the G--the factor jumper is still on.

It's hot in here.. lol Can you please tell us what we need to do with this thermostat to get it to shut off properly.

Thanks!
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2009, 07:34 PM
    Not being there its hard to say for sure but with a 2 wire system you usually need to put one wire on should be the white goes to w and the red wire goes to r/h
    When you try this turn the power off to your furnace until the install is complete then turn it back on,, let us know how it works

Feb 14, 2009, 07:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wmproop View Post
    not being there its hard to say for sure but with a 2 wire system you usually need to put one wire on should be the white goes to w and the red wire goes to r/h
    when you try this turn the power off to your furnace untill the install is complete then turn it back on,,,,,,,,,,,let us know how it works

Does the jumper between rh and rc stay in?

Feb 14, 2009, 08:26 PM

Ok, so I left the jumper in and changed the wires over and it appears to be working. Thank you! I was able to change it over without waking up my BF. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Install of a Honeywell RTH221 Thermostat [ 3 Answers ]

I replaced a White Rodgers thermostat with a Honeywell RTH221. When I removed the wires there was only a white, green, red and brown. I am assuming the brown is suppose to be the yellow wire. I hook up the wires and all that I am getting when I turn on the air conditioning is hot air and the...

Replacing T874C1018 (Honeywell multi-stage ) with RTH221 (programmable thermostat) [ 6 Answers ]

I am replacing a honeywell mutlistage thermostat with a programmable one. All of the wire designations seem pretty clear, except that the programmable unit does not have a designation for location w2 (this is a blue wire that's being used with the current thermostat.. do I put w1 and w2together...

Programmable Thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Honeywell thermostat T8624D and now is not working correctly. The thermostat Has four settings, wake, leave, return and sleep. The problem that is that the wake setting stays on rather than defaulting to other time zones i.e. leave , return etc.. Is there a way to completely clear the...

Replacing Analog Thermostat with Non-Programmable Digital Thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

Replacing Analog thermostat with White, Yellow, Red, & Black wiring with non-programmable digital thermostat Model #RTH3100C. Please help!!

View more questions Search