Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    whoishe Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2009, 01:40 PM
    Wrong person
    Is there any possibility to find a person with only a photo? I don't know where this person lives. I was a member of match.com and made a contact with a man. It has come to my knowledge that the man on the picture is not the man I have been in contact with. The man I was in contact with is a man from Nigeria who wants money. In other words his picture is used by a swindler. I am as well very upset of this and I will do anything in my power to find the person on the picture, I think he really has to know about this. I have been in contact with match.com in scandinavia but I am not satisfied with the their respond. I hope you can help me or if you have knowledge of who can help me. If there is any possibility I will send you the photo.
    Gem_22205 Posts: 976, Reputation: 129

Feb 13, 2009, 02:00 PM
    Unfortunately, these types of incidents happen quite often. There is no way of telling of whom you have a picture of unless someone's was to recognise him. I would discourage you from posting the photograph for public view simply because the person associated with the photo may not appreciate, even though you have the best intentions, having his likeness going out over the net. You have taken the proper steps by contacting Match.com to make them aware of this fraudulent activity. If need be I am sure they will contact the proper authorities to get the situation ratified.
    whoishe Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2009, 02:19 PM
    Thank you so much for your respond. It feels so hopeless to have this knowledge and I think something has to be done about this. You are so right about not publish his photo, I haven't thought of it in that way.
    I have been reading on internet about swindlers and I think the only way to stop this use of people we have to pay attention to this issue because I have a feeling there is women who gives money to this kind utilize.

I wish you a pleasant weekend.
    Gem_22205 Posts: 976, Reputation: 129

Feb 13, 2009, 02:26 PM

You have done the right thing by bringing the situation to light.

The Best to you and yours.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is it normally wrong to kill a person? [ 141 Answers ]

Is it simply a human convention?

Wrong Person In Insurance Claim [ 14 Answers ]

I received a letter today from an insurance company saying I was 100 percent liable for an accident 5 hours from my home. This accident was supposidly back on March12, 2008.The insurance company requests my insurance info. I am gathering that they have a witness or someone who gave them my plate...

Summons delivered to wrong person [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I live in NM, and I was served a summons for my brother. I told the server that I wasn’t him, but he placed it on my door anyway. The summons is for a credit card company sueing him for non-payment of debt. My brother lives at my home, but is not working and is only caring for our elderly...

Summons delivered to wrong person [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I was cleaning a house while the owner's of it live abroad now. A man knocked on the door and asked me if I knew the person who's name was on the enveloppe he had (it's the house owner's name) I said yes and he gave the enveloppe even though I told him they don't live here. He just rushed off. ...

Summons handed to wrong person [ 13 Answers ]

Hello all, I amlooking for an answer for a family member. She had a fight with her boyfriend a couple of years ago and called the police on him (he hit her). Well Iguess they have been fine for the past couple years and they even live together. THe boyfriend found out he had a warrant from when she...

View more questions Search