Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kevin1245 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2009, 10:47 AM
    In-line duct fan
    Need to connect an in-line duct fan to a ductstat. In line fan has white (common) wire - black (hot) wire and green (ground) wire. Ductstat is a 110 A/C outlet. Need to make a plug from fan - which will connect to ductstat
    bones252100 Posts: 253, Reputation: 29

Feb 13, 2009, 03:48 PM

It sounds like you are making a plug from the fan to plug into a receptacle. I that is so:
    Wide prong = white, neutral, common
    Narrow prong = black, hot
    Ground prong = ground, green, bare
    kevin1245 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2009, 04:54 PM

No - I need to make a plug for the in-line fan units to be connected to the ductstat which is a 110 a/c outlet with a fuse. I guess it does not matter weather I put the black and white wires as long as the green goes to ground. -
    EPMiller Posts: 624, Reputation: 37

Feb 14, 2009, 05:18 PM

Bones had it right.

Wide prong on the plug to white or common of fan
    Narrow prong on the plug to black or hot of fan
    Ground prong to green of fan

EPM

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connection to gas range gas line too large for gas line intake valve [ 2 Answers ]

Connection to gas range gas line too large for gas line intake valve. How can I step the range back line down a step. Is there some kind of converter I can buy?

How to rewire and extra line to the main phone line at the demarc [ 1 Answers ]

I cannot afford to pay ATT 99.00 to rewire a non-working phone jack to the demarc. How is this done? The main phone line is working.

In Line Duct Fan Power To Blower [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there I have a frgidaire furnace and need to add a duct fan and power to my blower motor. I need to know if anyone can tell me if I jump the blue wire or the black for the power feed?

Flexi Duct vrs Aluminum Duct [ 4 Answers ]

I am adding an addition onto my house. The local building inspector has already told me my HVAC unit is more than adequate in size to support the addition. The old duct vents are aluminum. Can or should I use flexi venting in the new part? What are the pros and cons of these two types of vent...

Replaced Main Water Line, Now Shower Line Is Clogged [ 3 Answers ]

We had a leak, so we had the water line and sewage line from the house to the street replaced. Now we have no water in the shower. Some debris most have clogged up the line coming into the shower. All the other lines are fine. My Dad is somewhat of a handyman and wants to fix the problem...

View more questions Search