Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    diya35 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2009, 10:36 AM
    Fair and glowing complexion
    Hello! Iam from INDIA having a dusky complexion and has allways been obsessed by fair and glowing complexion.Actualy my face is a little darker than my body and I wish I would at least achieve a complexion which maches my body. I've already used a lot of products but none of them fetched me good results.I will be grateful to you if you can help me out in this matter .I would also like to ask you if bleaches can give a fair complexion without damaging the skin.
    MAHARANI Posts: 800, Reputation: 39

Feb 18, 2009, 11:15 AM

Maybe you want to share what you have tried so far that has not worked for you and then maybe someone can offer a suggestion that may give you the results you are looking for. It is also worth reading through the threads to see what has been successful for others.

Do you make sure that you use sunblock every day? As your face is more exposed than your body , it is important to protect the face to maintain an even complexion to your body
    toofrank Posts: 6, Reputation: 3

Feb 21, 2009, 08:48 AM

I also have the problem of my face/neck being darker than my body (result of years of sun tanning), so I understand your dilemma. I'm not a huge fan of applying skin bleaches all over the face because it's damaging to the skin. I would suggest looking into skin peels which over time will promote skin cell turnover replacing the tanned skin with newer cells of your original skin color. Products with AHAs' will also do this. You should look into purchasing skin care kits with products with AHAs' and maybe Kojic to help with lightening the skin. Wear plenty of sunblock and hats during sunny days and drink plenty of water.
    ria Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2009, 05:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MAHARANI View Post
    ria,

have just sent you an email.
    Thank you for your email.

I just wanted to know what products you use. It's really difficult to find good skin whitening products in UK. I have just ordered the cosmo skin gluta pills. I am really intrigued in the gluta injections, but not sure where I can purchase them from. Heard they give great results. I need a nurse or someone experienced to help me with it. I am VERY desperate to lighten my skin.

What products have you used! I have a cousin back in calcutta who has lighten her skin 8 shades. But she never tells me how she did it. Please please help me I'll be ever so greatfull!

Feb 25, 2009, 05:58 AM
    ria,

At the moment I use makari day cream in the mornmig and Fair and Flawless in the evening.

I also use a retin A gel every 2 weeks just to help with general skin turnover and overall brightness.

Now makari is not for everyone and many, including me have had problems with spots with this one, but now that I only use it in the day, I have not experienced the spots anymore. As for Fair and Flawless, their products are not always consistent, but at the moment this regime is working for me and till I find something that works as well or better I am happy to continue this way.

If you read through the threads you will find that people have had success with various products and it may be just a case of trial and error until you find something that suits your skin. Whatever you do, even though we are in the UK, it is important to use sun protection.
    RedDiamond Posts: 359, Reputation: 9

Feb 25, 2009, 07:31 PM

Maharani, where do you get your retin-a from?

Feb 26, 2009, 09:35 AM

This is where I get it from without needing to provide a prescription, but I am sure there are cheaper places on line.

Inhouse Pharmacy (UK) RETIN-A (tretinoin): This medication is used in the treatment of acne.
    RedDiamond Posts: 359, Reputation: 9

Feb 26, 2009, 11:15 AM

Thank you so much
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Feb 26, 2009, 12:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MAHARANI View Post
    This is where I get it from without needing to provide a prescription, but I am sure there are cheaper places on line.

Inhouse Pharmacy (UK) RETIN-A (tretinoin): This medication is used in the treatment of acne.
    You could get it cheaper on prescription in the UK. £7 something?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fair complexion [ 1 Answers ]

I am 14 years old. I live in Kuwait. I am an indian.The problem with me is that my face colour is not fair.This means that I am not dark.Only my face and arms.BUT MY WHOLE BODY IS VERY FAIR,BUT THEY ARE COVERED ALWAYS.In my class there are girls who are fair and darker than me.EVEN THOUGH MY NECK...

Glowing Tomato [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I am doing a science project on making a glowing tomato. Make A GLOWING TOMATO ! Video It says that you need non-safety matches (better known as 'strike anywhere'). Would it make a difference if I used safety-matches and if so, why? If anyone knows anything about this, please help....

Desperately need a fair complexion [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Guys!! I am shive ,a man with a dark indian complexion. I have an oily skin. I did try a few products like shive from civant skin care and skin lightening serum from external elixir but everything proved disgusting. ...

Glowing substance [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: hello, I was curious to know whether there is a substance that if walked upon Is able to light up briefly during and after the foot is on it, I'm researching for an art project and am sure there is something that is capable of this e.g. ;like those bracelets that glow fluorescent if...

View more questions Search