Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cbaur88 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2009, 07:00 AM
    Deleted Cisco IOS
    I accidentally deleted the IOS on my Cisco 851w router :confused:. I can only boot to Rommon and do not have a copy of the IOS or bin file to load. Is there a way I can recover the deleted IOS? I have the CD that came with the router however I cannot find the IOS anywhere on the CD which is very frustrating. Cannot imagine they'd ship/sell a router with no IOS copy. I've called Cisco and they will not give me the time of day because my router is out of warranty as of 2007. What can I do and what are my options, very frustrating. Thanks so much for your help and time. :)
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Feb 25, 2009, 10:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cbaur88 View Post
    I've called Cisco and they will not give me the time of day because my router is out of warranty as of 2007.
    Yeah, they're like that. I also find the Cisco website confusing and hard to navigate. Stuffy vendors... pffft. Consequently, I shifted my SMB router needs to Adtran - 5 year warranty standard and free unlimited phone support and design assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by cbaur88 View Post
    What can I do and what are my options, very frustrating. Thanks so much for your help and time.
    I suspect you'll need to purchase a SmartNet contract to get IOS image access. But, locate a Cisco partner using the locator on the Cisco website and discuss your options. One may be nice...

P.S. Backup router firmware first thing out of box...
    nikaldino Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2009, 02:04 AM

Dear...

First of all you have to download the IOS file of your router and after download the IOS you can transfer to router using tftp server or through xmodem.
    chuckhole Posts: 850, Reputation: 45

Mar 3, 2009, 01:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nikaldino View Post
    Dear ....

First of all you have to download the IOS file of your router and after download the IOS you can transfer to router using tftp server or through xmodem.
    Yeah, but you can't get the IOS without a SmartNet contract on the device.
    callaway720 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2012, 02:51 AM
    AAARRRG ! Yea.. <-- this guy needs ios 12.1 , 12.2. 12.2. or 12.3. looks like ill be calling cisco. And seeing if I can buy an contract.. for Lord knows how much. . Unless you got another idea. ( " do not erase flash unless you KNOW YOU HAVE THE RIGHT FLASH installed. "

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cisco IOS Configuration Quandary [ 3 Answers ]

I have an, ip nat inside source static tcp inside_address 22 outside_address 22 extendable Command in my router configuration that I cannot delete with the "no" version of the command. The only odd thing about the situation is the outside_address has a typo that results in the address being...

Looking for the information-where deleted files are stored after deleted from recycli [ 7 Answers ]

Well it's a tough one so ill try to explain the best I can When you delete a file it can be undelted with programs I'm not concerned with undeleting the file where is the information stored on my hard drive I'm looking for the information that tells the undeleter program what been deleted ...

Can anyone help on Cisco IOS 12.1 ? [ 11 Answers ]

Hello, By accident while I was configuring my Cisco router I've deleted the OS, just doing a simple save like : copy run start, and I didn't look at the message, and I pressed Enter, and he deleted the IOS, does any one have a copy from the Cisco IOS 12.1 or higher ? I've a Cisco 800...

Cisco router and Win2003 [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I've a big problem and I hope that someone can help me, I've the win2003 server, with DHCP,DNS,RIS,RRAS... etc configured and Two NIC cards, one for the Lan and one for the Wan and I've a static IP address from my ISP. The problem is I've an ADSL line for internet configured on...

View more questions Search