Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    juliforever55 Posts: 13, Reputation: 3

Feb 11, 2009, 08:36 PM
    How to deal with opposite sex friends
    Hey everybody!. well my boyfriend and I are going for our 2nd year this may... I'm so excited! I love him to death! I wanted to ask this question because I just need some examples and help with my situation.. well my boyfriend and I have a great relationship.. we get along great. We cn communicate.respect each other. And were just in a really healthy relationship. The only problem we actually ever have is OPPOSITE SEX FRIENDS!! During the few first few months of our relationship everything was good. Then it started by him looking threw my phone. Him questionin on who people were? "GUYS" and on my myspace as well. I said my friends! Then I started looking threw his phone and asked the same. Got the same answer. But it started to fade away. And then it picked back up because this boy from my job gave me his number at first I didn't see a problem with just saying hey.. you know because this is my first SERIOUS relationship... I didn't know. But he found out and his was snappin about it... but then one day I was looking threw his phone and his ex was sending pictures and some other girls. I questioned him and I fussed and I told him I felt disrespected and if it happened again then I would end it because I'm not dealing with that drama... later that summer he got a 2nd job. He used to come over everymorning and stay over my house to sleep to go to next job. And then we were playing he mentinoed he got this girls number.. lets say her name is lissa.. well I thougth he was playing.. I was like o really is she pretti he was like yeah. So I said do you got a picture of her he said yes. I grabbed his phone and went to his pictures.. "Still playin around" then I seen his ex again. I stopped playing and started fussing. And forgot everything about lissa. Then couple weeks later I was looking threw his phoen to see if the pictures were still there they. Weren't but I seen a miss call from lissa... I remembered the name I was shocked... but I forgot it because I thought I knew my boyfriend and he would tell me.. a couple days pasted and he isn't mentioned it. So I texted him at work and asked him he called me. And he was like a friend. From work and I fussed about him getting another females number. He brought up the boys from my job. I told him srry and I had apologized for it before. And he said OK but he didn't want nothing like that to happen again. But then I told him how you trynna provent something but then go right ahead and do it... we disscused the problem because we know what our issue of our relationship is which is friends.. we tried to come up with an agreement. We said we couldn't talk to no one and we can't look threw eachothers phones. And we did good for a while but then we were doing a family thing and he left his phone in the car. And I had to go back to the car. Me and my sister in law was there picking up stuff. And I seen his phone. And something just told me to look in it. Its not like I don't trust him. I do I really do. Its just like I explained to him. " I should trust the fact if i were to look threw his phoen i wouldnt finnd any suprises. you kno" well I did. There was a few names I never heard of. And girls text messages , etc. when we had made the agreement. I know I broke a rule but he did as well. I didn't mention nothing till later that day. And he was upset but hey I was to I felt asif I was being batrayed! You know.. I can say I might get a little jelous but its not really that its just that I see it as why does he or myself need to talk to other females or males when he and I got each other you know.I should be his friend,lover,partner, etc. you know... we came up with another agreement and it worked for a while but again it was broken. But since his been gone.. (basic traning) I still haven't spoken to any friends of mine! Inless I get cought up in them type of situatinos you know... and I till hima nyways. He resently told me that he is sorry he didn't mean to put me threw so much with this things. And he understands what I been trying to get him to understand... he only needs me and blah blah... I believe him but. I'm scared that its just going to end up like it has been. Cause this is really does hurt my feelings you know. I'm not sure why because I know they are his friends and what not but it just really hits me.. and I'm scared its going to start right back up. Because if it does I'm not sure I can put up with it.. well I know its long I'm not going to make it anylonger.lol srry. PLEASE HELP! Let me know how you deal with it in your relationship.. and we also don't have any friends that are in couples.. we tried that but didn't work..
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 12, 2009, 06:38 AM
    If you can't meet his friends, and he can't meet yours, then you have a problem.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2009, 06:44 AM

Agreed with Tal, why can't you all be friends? A relationship works better that way, you don't have to be friends with them if you don't want too, but at least meet them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Opposite Sex Friends - When things get confusing [ 10 Answers ]

We all have opposite sex friends - well at least the mature ones among us. It is often helpful and rewarding to get points of view from the opposite sex and from someone other than the person you are seeing. And the comfort of talking with an old friend who really knows you well and understands...

Living with the opposite sex [ 6 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I am going to move out of my parents house soon, and I'm going to have to move in an apartment or a house with roomates.. My sister suggested that I only move in with girls, because living with guys is really hard and horrible.. like the bachelor type guys.. But what if...

How to deal with friends. [ 5 Answers ]

My question is all about my friends... :( m studying a subject which I really don't like now.and while going to university it really piss me out as I don't have friends of my type and all are back bitters.they always goes on talking about me in my back which I come to know by some of the...

Ash is opposite of red right.. [ 1 Answers ]

My natural haircolor is a very light brown, maybe even considered dark blonde, with warm tone (shines orange). At my temples though it is more of an ash blonde and the shine is more platinum. I want that to be my allover hair color. I've read all about blue and green cancelling out the red, and...

View more questions Search