Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dmsparker Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2009, 02:10 PM
    Looking for the painter info and monetary value
    We have a large original oil painting brough over from France by the Ambassador Wm. Robert Skinner given to our great grandparents... early 1900's and the painter signature is H. Jourdain. We are looking for any info on this painting, painter and monetary value. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    linnealand Posts: 1,088, Reputation: 216
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2009, 01:24 PM

You would have a much better shot at getting any possible information on the painting itself if you would include a picture of it. Without an image, there is no telling what it is. If you can, post the whole painting as well as a close-up. Please note if there is something unusual that cannot be read by the photographs.

As far as h. jourdain goes, I haven't found any information on him through an online search. I'm assuming you went the same route before coming here.

Are there any other markings on the back of the painting?

Is the painting in its original frame? I am assuming the painting was not given without one. If so, it would be a good idea to post a picture of that as well.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2009, 02:34 AM

Hi, dmsparker!

Does the style of the painting that you have look anything like the style of the paintings that you'll find via clicking on the following links, please?

Henri Jourdain - Images Henri Jourdain

Thanks!
    linnealand Posts: 1,088, Reputation: 216
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2009, 06:55 AM

I have to spread the rep! Very nice job, clough!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Painter unknown. [ 17 Answers ]

My grandmother has this old painting that she got from a friend by someone named D. MAN I thought I found a painter with the same name named l. d. man but I'm not sure trying to find the name and price of the painting it's a boat following another boat in the water going to a town and the other...

Identifying an oil painter with signature LMR [ 11 Answers ]

About 1975 I purchased a beautiful painting in a gallery/shop in NYC. It was signed with the initials LMR. I do not know who the artist is. I would like to identify the name of the artist, his works and the value of the painting. It is a painting of a blonde haired maiden sitting in a garden...

Painter / painting identification [ 3 Answers ]

I came across this painting in my Grandmothers cellar. It is oil, painted on heavy paper and then glued onto a stretched canvas. The canvas is of excellent quality fastened to the streccher with tacks on the side. The canvas and painting may not be the same age. There are initials at the...

Cartoon Movie about a Painter [ 2 Answers ]

I have been searching for this title since the movie was misplaced long ago but I cannot seem to remember the title of the movie and random searches have come up with nothing. The cartoon movie is based on this painter that ends up taking a nap under an enchanted tree that grants him the ability...

Who was Mrs M Pereire/painter [ 1 Answers ]

I have a painting called "sunset at Killindini" On the back of the picture it said Hassanali Goolamhusein was the picture frame maker Main st Mombasa.Does any one know who she is and how old this painting could be?:confused:

View more questions Search