Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mclair Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2009, 09:50 AM
    Refund for mortgage interest paid
    Is there a way to estimate how much of a refund I will get for overpayment of mortgage interest?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 11, 2009, 09:52 AM

I think we need more details here. How can you overpay mortgage interest? If you somehow did, what has that to do with taxes, the lender should be refunding that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Live in NJ Paid NY State Tax - Law for Refund from NY [ 1 Answers ]

Live in NJ worked a couple months in NY when filing our 2004 taxes with Turbo Tax I had to do a separate form for NY. NY returned all state taxes my husband paid and I claimed them on my NJ/Federal forms. Now, NY is saying I owe them most of the money back because the earned income had to match...

My taxes paid mistakenly; how do I receive refund? [ 3 Answers ]

I did not work or receive income in MI, but my company had been mistakenly paying state income tax to MI. A little history; this was an international company, and I had previously lived in MO. I live in TX now, and I think the whole "Missouri" thing is what threw them off. I don't owe anything...

Tax paid on US income in India, can I claim refund in the US? [ 3 Answers ]

From January 07 through march 07, I paid US taxes. This income was also reported as "WORLDWIDE" income and corresponding taxed paid on my Indian tax returns. I have Indian TAX certificate for the tax paid in Indian Rupees on the US income. While filing my US tax returns, can I get exemption on...

Tax refund on mortgage interest [ 1 Answers ]

How can I calculate the tax savings in a year with mortgage interest?

Mortgage Interest paid to bank in Canada [ 1 Answers ]

I am a Canadian citizen and now work in the U.S. under a TN Visa I bought a house just across the border in Canada. The mortgage is with a bank in Canada, and they do not issue a Form 1098. Can I deduct the mortgage interest and property taxes on my U.S. tax return? If, so, what documentation...

View more questions Search