Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shank90 Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2009, 11:48 PM
    Feeling worthless
    Well I'm an 18 y/o boy that just can't seem to get a break in life. Not material wise though I do believe I have everything that I want. My parents are nice, giving, and loving. There is just one problem though, I seem to be un-dateable I don't know why. Im not the kind of guy to push for sex or any kind of stuff like that I just want a meaningful relationship but can never seem to keep any kind of relation for more than a few weeks. This has happened for so long that I have decided to just stop dating all-together and it worked wonders for about a year. I have tried again but its just the same stuff different day. I really think that there is no help for me any more and I just keep getting more and more depressed. Can someone shed some light on the situation? I just want to feel some feeling of being wanted.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 10, 2009, 11:54 PM

Tell me about yourself. What do you like to eat? What do you consider a fun activity?Which authors have you enjoyed? Do you have any pets? Wht position are you among your siblings? What would I like most about you? Least?

Feb 11, 2009, 12:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Tell me about yourself. What do you like to eat? What do you consider a fun activity?Which authors have you enjoyed? Do you have any pets? Wht position are you among your siblings? What would I like most about you? Least?
    Well I like to eat... hmm well there is almost nothing I don't eat
    The most fun activity to me is soccer
    I don't really read a lot but I liked the book Anthem I just can't remember who wrote it
    I had one pet my dog trixie she got hit by a fedex truck one day as I was getting off the bus.
    I'm a middle child
    You might like the fact that I will try to do anything to help or fix any problem even if it hurts me
    You also might dislike that many people do I don't know
    I just want to feel loved by someone that's not family or friend
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 11, 2009, 12:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shank90 View Post
    Well i like to eat .... hmm well there is almost nothing i dont eat
    The most fun activity to me is soccer
    i don't really read alot but i liked the book Anthem i just can't remember who wrote it
    i had one pet my dog trixie she got hit by a fedex truck one day as i was getting off the bus.
    im a middle child
    you might like the fact that i will try to do anything to help or fix any problem even if it hurts me
    you also might dislike that many people do idk
    i just want to feel loved by someone thats not family or friend
    Anthem - Ayn Rand??

It's after 1 a.m. here in Chicagoland and I have to go to bed.

The best girlfriend would be one who started as just a friend. Are there any possibilities like that? Are you in school yet? What are your career plans?

I'll check back in the morning. Tell me more stuff about who you are. (And where do you live?? )

Feb 11, 2009, 12:24 AM
    Anthem - Ayn Rand????

It's after 1 a.m. here in Chicagoland and I have to go to bed.

The best girlfriend would be one who started out as just a friend. Are there any possibilities like that? Are you in school yet? What are your career plans?

I'll check back in the morning. Tell me more stuff about who you are. (And where do you live???)
    Yeah its after 1 here to I can't sleep
    Umm no possibilities for a girlfriend that's starts as a friend I uh guess I'm not that type of guy
    I'm in my senior year
    I am going to Our Lady of the Lake college to be a radiologist technician
    I just like to have fun but lately I've been to depressed to do anything fun.
    I live in Louisiana though I was born in New York
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2009, 12:29 AM

Hi, shank90!

Aren't there any groups or clubs in which you could get involved where you could meet girls with whom you could become friends?

Thanks!
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2009, 07:10 AM

You are 18. There is no reason to expect a serious, meaningful relationship right now. I didn't have my first serious relationship until I was 21, and that was because I refused to settle for someone that didn't click with me. Don't worry about these things, just enjoy your life, and I PROMISE eventually you will find yourself involved with someone that you could see yourself spending the rest of your life with... then, you will probably get your heart broken... but, that is apart of life.

I know, Debbie Downer huh? Just enjoy, and don't expect, that's all.

Feb 11, 2009, 02:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kctiger View Post
    You are 18. There is no reason to expect a serious, meaningful relationship right now. I didn't have my first serious relationship until I was 21, and that was because I refused to settle for someone that didn't click with me. Don't worry about these things, just enjoy your life, and I PROMISE eventually you will find yourself involved with someone that you could see yourself spending the rest of your life with...then, you will probably get your heart broken...but, that is apart of life.

I know, Debbie Downer huh? Just enjoy, and don't expect, that's all.
    Yea your probably right but I just had so many bad experiences that I don't know it I even want to pursue any kind of relation any more I feel like if I just stay down in the dumps and never be happy then there is no way some one cane make me feel any worse and I would know what to expect every day.

Feb 11, 2009, 02:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, shank90!

Aren't there any groups or clubs in which you could get involved where you could meet girls with whom you could become friends?

Thanks!
    Um I was going to get in the math and science club but I was to late but other than that there is not too much going on in this P.O.S town
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 11, 2009, 03:04 PM
    um i was going to get in the math and science club but i was to late but other than that there is not too much going on in this P.O.S town
    Too late?

Feb 11, 2009, 03:20 PM
    too late?
    Yea I missed the sign up deadline for it
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 11, 2009, 03:36 PM
    yea i missed the sign up deadline for it
    Join a different one. The yearbook one.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 11, 2009, 03:37 PM
    Well I'm an 18 y/o boy that just can't seem to get a break in life.
    You don't GET breaks -- you MAKE them. What have you done for yourself lately?

Feb 11, 2009, 04:03 PM
    Join a different one. The yearbook one.
    Its way too late to join anything now

Feb 11, 2009, 04:08 PM
    You don't GET breaks -- you MAKE them. What have you done for yourself lately?
    I have tried to talk to this one girl from childhood as friends and that worked great for a while but then we started to go to the movies and stuff like that then one day she called me to her house to just chill which was fun but then the next day she wouldn't talk to me or text or answer calls nothing she just stopped I don't know what happened
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 11, 2009, 04:10 PM
    i have tried to talk to this one girl from childhood as friends and that worked great for a while but then we started to go to the movies and stuff like that then one day she called me to her house to just chill which was fun but then the next day she wouldn't talk to me or text or answer calls nothing she just stopped idk what happened
    So then ask someone else out. Ever ask out a shy girl or a plump one or one who probably doesn't get many or any dates?

Feb 11, 2009, 04:21 PM
    So then ask someone else out. Ever ask out a shy girl or a plump one or one who probably doesn't get many or any dates?
    Yes I have and it was really awkward and then she dumped me cause she said I wasn't what she was looking for. Now that's all well and good I understand that but how come the very next morning I saw her kissing on another guy
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 11, 2009, 04:26 PM
    yes i have and it was really awkward and then she dumped me cause she said i wasn't what she was looking for. Now thats all well and good i understand that but how come the very next morning i saw her kissing on another guy
    So what. Then ask out someone else. You got to kiss a lot of frogettes before you find your princess.

Feb 11, 2009, 04:36 PM
    So what. Then ask out someone else. You gotta kiss a lot of frogettes before you find your princess.
    Yeah but then ill get warts haha
    No but uhh I see what your saying that makes a lot of sense but I think what it is is that I'm just way to sensitive to rejected all the time or something like that it just hurts a lot and it feels really weird saying that.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 11, 2009, 04:41 PM
    yeah but then ill get warts haha
    no but uhh i see what your saying that makes a lot of sense but i think what it is is that im just way to sensitive to rejected all the time or something like that it just hurts a lot and it feels really weird saying that.
    You're the only one who gets rejected all the time?? Stick around and read the questions that get posted on this site. I can't believe anyboy finds anybody based on what I read here.

Just shrug your shoulders and say "So what!" and keep asking girls out. After one date, you don't even have a relationship to get upset about losing. Sheesh.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I Feel Worthless [ 3 Answers ]

Please help me this is my last hope for someone to help me. Im 13 and well I'm having a few problems at the moment. I've had some school issues but its an illness why I can't go and now I'm being home-schooled. Since I've been having the problems my mom and everything else around me has been...

I feel worthless and unwanted [ 8 Answers ]

I am 33 years old a mother of 3 for the past year I have been going through a lot and I feel worthless and unwanted I have bad mood swings all my bones in my body ache all the time I have lost all my sexual desires. My life I feel is over I make everyday miserable for everyone in it I don't mean to...

Am I really worthless and selfish? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm a 17 year old girl and I could really use some help... I do not know what to do anymore. I'm always getting yelled at by both of my parents for being "worthless" and "selfish". This is constantly... like every day. For example, my mom went out of town last week to visit her parents. It...

Am I Worthless? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I don't know how to start this at all... I'm a 16 year old girl who is a semi perfectionist. I get high marks ranging around high 80's to middle 90's. I am also a great pianist (at least that's what my teacher says). People tell me that I'm smart and that I am nice... but... I look in the...

Feeling worthless [ 7 Answers ]

I lived with a woman for 3 years, had a son with her. Now I live by myself after having a family for 3 years. I felt as if she mentally abused me with her insults, which are making me feel worthless. I have 2 conflicting dilemmas here. 1. I want to go back with her since I still love her....

View more questions Search