Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mfrancogua Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2009, 09:21 PM
    1099-R do Ihave to filed?
    My son has a 1099-R form $ 8,769.42 does he has to filed taxes?? In line 4 he has $ 1,753.87 can he get a Refund??
    Thank you for your answers.
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Feb 10, 2009, 11:18 PM

Form 1099-R Distributions From Pensions, Annuities, Retirement or Profit-Sharing Plans, IRAs, Insurance Contracts, etc.

You will report the distribution on line 15a or 16a of Form 1040. Then on 15b or 16b, you will report the amount that is taxable after considering any amount you did rollover to a qualified rollover. On line 62, you will show taxes withheld.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 25, 2009, 04:03 PM
    If the CODE is a "1", then he did an EARLY distribution, which means he likely will pay EVEN more tax than the $1,754 already withheld.

Early distributions from 401Ks/IRAs are NOT a good thing!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wrong Tax form filed by f-1 student. Filed 1040 instead of 1040NR. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am in a dilemma and I will really appreciate your help. I am a student/f-1 visa holder (non-resident alien). Last week I used an online website (File my taxes for FREE! with FreeTaxUSA) to file tax returns and realized that the website used Form 1040, and PA-40 - 2007 (for...

Why I do not have 24 volts to my contactor when my thermostat is on ihave a carrier h [ 2 Answers ]

Help from south cakalaka I have a carrier heat pumpand I am not getting 24 volts to my contactor and my thermostat is working

Can I Get Piercings If IHave Scleroderma? [ 1 Answers ]

I Was Wondering If I Could Get Any Piercing's If I Have Scleroderma. 'Cause I Wanted Too Get My Lip Pierced.

1099 Received after already filed [ 4 Answers ]

Hi All, I was just notified that I would be receiving a 1099 from the employer I started working for at the tail end of 2006. I probably should have anticipated getting one, but I didn't and already filed my return. What should I do once I get the 1099? I didn't make a whole lot of money...

View more questions Search