Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    survivorboi Posts: 431, Reputation: 9

Feb 8, 2009, 04:46 PM
    How to train the brain to concentrate better
    I was wondering, if lets say, you try and remember things while playing on some music. Would that train your brain to remember and concentrate better when there is no music? I mean, your brain has to remember things in the mist of musics, distractions, etc. wouln't it be easier later, where your brain remember things without that distractions?
    sunshineangel Posts: 43, Reputation: 7

Feb 8, 2009, 06:56 PM

I have heard from a few experts that when young people or adults read or try to memorize things while they are listening to music they are training their minds to only have those things memorized while they are listening to music. As if the person will be unable to remember those things once they move away from the music. I don't tend to believe that. Iknow many people who remember things better, who can home in their concentration when listening to certain music. Now if that can scientifically be proven is another thing all together.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How I can concentrate in my studies? [ 21 Answers ]

Hi, I am a 20 year old boy. I am well in my studies. But now, I think my mind is diverting from my targets. I can't concentrate in my studies. I feel loneliness. My family is an atomic family. There are only 2 members including me. I am feeling lack of supports from others. I have only a few...

Not concentrate during meditation [ 9 Answers ]

Dear Sir, I started to do meditation recently.What I do is just watch my breathe inhale and exhale.Secondly sometimes I do osho dynamic meditation but I feel I am wasting my time as I don't see any improvement in myself.I started this I have lack of concentration and to improve concentration I...

What happens to your brain when you die? [ 4 Answers ]

Just wondering about what's going to happen to my brain when I die.

Sex on the brain [ 3 Answers ]

I am currently 20, my boyfriend just turned 22. Both live at home with parents. We have been together in total for a long while now, not just a year, but nearly. I gave into him quite soon with sex, to which I regret in some ways (which is why I'm writing on here) but in others I don't as I...

View more questions Search