Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ELopez Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2009, 05:28 PM
    How to install a bathroom in 2nd floor
    Do I need to change any piping when replacing a laundry room with a bathroom
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Feb 7, 2009, 05:32 PM

You should really post this under plumbing, when you do, please give more info, such as what fixtures you are going to have in the new bathroom. Toilet, sink, tub/shower. Also what size drains and water supplies do you currently have in laundry room. I'm sure there is going to be need of serious plumbing changes. Like I said, please post this under plumbing, and we will try to help you out.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 8, 2009, 08:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ELopez View Post
    Do I need to change any piping when replacing a laundry room with a bathroom
    We need more information. Is there a stack or main near by that you can connect into? In addition to the water piping this is how a typical bathroom is roughed in. Toilet connects to sewer main or the stack vent. Lavatory connects to toilet drain and runs a vent off the top the stubout tee out the roof or revents back into a dry vent in the attic.. The toilet wet vents through the lavatory vent and the tub/shower connects to the lavatory drain and is wet vented by it. This is a normal rough in and is acceptable both by local and state codes and also The Standard Plumbing Code Book in 90 percent of the country. Check your local codes to make sure you're not in the excluded 10 percent.. The vent off the lavatory may be run out the roof or revented back into a dry vent in the attic or if you're reventing back into a fixtures dry vent you must make your connection at least 6 inches over that fixtures flood rim. Good luck and thank you for rating my answer. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Install second floor bathroom drain and vent [ 18 Answers ]

Hello, I am taking on the challenge of installing a toilet and sink on the second level of my house and wanted to confirm the best options for sewage lines. It's an older house and I'll be causing quite a bit of damage to existing walls/floors so want the best solution before I go ahead with...

How to install a floor drain [ 8 Answers ]

Help! My house is a split level. We have had heavy rainfall and our downstairs (Living roon, kitchen, bathroom) flooded. Originally we had a floor drain on the lower level, but the previous owner installed a downstairs bathroom and used the drain for the tub and then tiled over it. Our...

Toilet install on a wood floor [ 3 Answers ]

I am having a home built & the builder is placing the toilet directly on a wood floor, there will be no tiling in this half bathroom; my question is : is there a code in NYS that requires a ceramic sleeve of saddle to be placed between the toilet & floor?

Raising radiators - new floor install ? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello all - I am in the process of remodeling my third floor (house built in like 1920) And will install some sort of new wood flooring in the next weeks. I have two very heavy, old cast iron radiators that are currently disconnected - but I can tell that if I raise the level of the floor,...

What to install UNDER ceramic floor tile [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, I've read about 100 different theories on what (if anything) you are supposed to put under ceramic floor tile (i.e. cement board, underlayment, etc.). We need to install our tile in the basement (which is currently just a concrete floor). If it matters, there are only a couple of VERY small...

View more questions Search