Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chowden Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2009, 11:08 AM
    Personal fundraiser for child education
    Do I need to claim funds received for personal fundraiser for daughter ?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 7, 2009, 01:01 PM

Did you set up a tax exempt group to raise funds ?
    If not this was income.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Feb 10, 2009, 10:37 AM

If people gave you money for your child's education and you did not provide any service in return, then these were personal gifts, not income, and there is no need for you to report them on your tax return. However, if you did provide services in exchange for the cash, then this must be counted as income, as you were actually operating a business.
    veew Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2009, 05:13 AM

What kind of fund is it called if some one wants to give me a gift to help my daughter go to college every year? We want to create a fund so that she will have access to the monies as needed for college.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Minor child personal injury [ 2 Answers ]

My son was injured at age 5, is now 17.5, and due to his fall he suffered at age five his legs do not match. He had a surgery at (on our dime) to try to level him out, but he is still off by 5-6cm. This affects his back and his hips, and he limps noticeably. His original injury was a serious fall...

Child laws and education and custody [ 11 Answers ]

My fiancée and I were recently given temp. custody from his 6yr old. Son. We have gone through courts to have partial custody and we do pay child support. The mother has been going through some legal problems and decided to leave the state when we have made arrangements to send him back with her...

Allowable fundraiser [ 1 Answers ]

A small local organization has asked our 501C3 organization to join in the publication of a business directory listing members of both organizations that are small business owners. Businesses would pay to be listed. Is this a permissible activity for a charity?

Judgement on a Personal Loan / Education [ 2 Answers ]

Ok I'm trying to re-establish myself. I pulled a copy of my credit report and need some advise on a judgement passed on a loan. First off let me explain the loan. In 1999 I took a loan called a Plato Education Loan from Wells Fargo Bank. I made monthly payments on it but after 2 years or so I...

View more questions Search