Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bunny Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2004, 11:48 PM
    Multimedia File Extension Problem
    This is an extensive and complicated problem with regards to Netscape 7.1, Flash/Shockwave the latest versions, and Windows Media Player 9.

The first time I encountered this I was using Netscape and wmv movies will not play as an embedded movie on a webpage. I manually altered the file extension-program call in Netscape and that fixed the problem. Then, when I tried to access .swf files directly, both Netscape AND Explorer tell me that they don't know how to handle it, even though I have Flash/Shockwave installed and have tested both of them on several sites that uses php or does not load the flash animation directly.

I fiddled with the file extensions for a bit on my Win XP OS but to no avail because I don't know what executable to call up to open the .swf files directly, however, I know I shouldn't have do that as I've owned other computers that allowed me to view the .swf file directly without having it embedded in a website. i.e. the website calls it up as
    http://www.website.com/flashmovie.swf

Netscape, Windows Media Player, Macromedia forums have been absolutely no help and I just updated my display drivers. I have all the latest versions of everything, so why are my file extensions screwed up?

- Bunny
    Wendy225 Posts: 240, Reputation: 4

Jan 21, 2005, 11:04 PM
    Why
    What are these SWF files made of, what are they, that you need them for, and try another browser also.

Can't be of anymore help, :rolleyes:
    Except to ask why fool with such a minor issue, what do you need it for, get a new browser and move on
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Jan 21, 2005, 11:43 PM
    Sounds weird... try completely removing the SWF plugin and reinstalling it... best I can give you.
    mrazaabbas Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2012, 11:18 AM
    Thanks for the great piece of sharing.I have already bookmarked your blog for future references.
    <a href="http://www.onlinecarpets.co.uk/carpets/style/berber-carpets.html">berber carpets</a>

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Multimedia Effects [ 1 Answers ]

Sir, I Need Some Background Effect For My Video. Please Any One Can Let Me Where I Can Free Download It?

Problem with BIN file... [ 8 Answers ]

Hi guys, I have encountered a problem after I downloaded the movies using Bitlord. After I downloaded the movies, I couldn't play them using Windows Media Player, PowerDVD, etc. What can I do with the file? THankS in AntiCipaTion...

Playing .avi file problem HELP! [ 4 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I've had this problem for a long time. How do you plady a .avi file?? Please help. :eek:

Multimedia drivers [ 1 Answers ]

I lost my multimedia drivers after my first f disk I have no sound and I can't play dvds some video codec? Help I have a laptop

What is multimedia? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, My question is symple but probably the answer is not as easy as the question. I need to know what is Multimedia ?what do people mean when they are talking about multimedia applications ? I need to write an academic essay about multimedia but even I don't have enough general...

View more questions Search