Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rtorres Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2009, 06:11 AM
    The Trane XR80 smells.
    Woke up to a smell of electric smoke... furnace (gas) on, but not blowing warmth into the house. I did a few things and this is what happened:
    1. Heater on, fan on auto, no flow of air, the igniter wouldn't work either, smell of elictrical burn-out
    2. Heater on, fan on, no flow of air, igniter glowed and the gas ignited, no smell
    3. Tried the cooling system, works, flow of air

So by trying these few steps I reasoned it most be something with the fan control, or some sort of sensor. Maybe? Help, please.

Thanks,

R

Model #: TUD100C948K4
    Serial #: 4254YFL1G
    mower_man Posts: 81, Reputation: 2

Feb 5, 2009, 09:37 AM

Motor on the blower is probably burned up.

Dose the inducer motor kick on?

Mower_Man
    rtorres Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2009, 12:39 PM
    Thank you for responding.

The blower motor seems fine when I run the AC. There is another motor that runs when the heat is turned on. Would that be the inducer?

Could it be the flame sensor?
    mower_man Posts: 81, Reputation: 2

Feb 5, 2009, 02:38 PM

Yes it could be the flame sensor,try cleaning it.

The other motor is the inducer when the heat is on.

Mower_Man

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trane XR80 Furnace will not stay lit [ 10 Answers ]

Hi all, I have a 6 year old Trane XR80 furnace that will not stay lit. It will light for about 2-3 minutes than will go out. It will stay out until the system is turned off for a significant amount of time. The filters are new and I have cleaned the burner parts. What other things can I check?...

Trane XR80 Furnace Open High Limit Device [ 16 Answers ]

I have a Trane XR80 furnace that has an LED flashing 4 times--Open High Limit Device. The filters are new and clean, I replaced the high limit switch, cleaned the flame sensor. Are there other switches I could check? Any other ideas? Thanks for any help or ideas. Brian

Trouble shooting a Trane xr80 Furnace [ 13 Answers ]

My furnace is blinking 3 times and won't turn on. I have a Trane XR80 and no manual or trouble shooting codes. Could somebody please tell me what it means when it blinks red 3 times and won't turn on? Thanks... very cold:confused:!!

Trane XR80 won't stay running [ 1 Answers ]

I have a trane xr80 about 10 yrs old.It is a downflow gas furnace with a/c.The problem I am having is the furnace will fire right up the 1st time and work for any given amount of time, then it will in the middle of working fine stop heating and start the startup process all over again. It will go...

Electric TRANE XR80 won't come on [ 1 Answers ]

My tenant is trying to turn the furnace on for the first time this fall. She can get the blower to blow out cold air, but not hot. I told her to turn the (digital) thermostat to "off" and to leave it off for a bit. Then to turn it to "heat". She says when she does that it just blows out cold...

View more questions Search