Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    detex 28 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2009, 05:01 AM
    Get rid of mouth odour
    I have tried all types of mouth wash, (without alcohol) but still ooze out air when talking. Most times it smells and I am not able to cope with this. Please advice if there is any medication that can help me.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 5, 2009, 05:26 AM

There are many reasons for bad breath, but here are a few tips you can try and I must stress, anyone you try, you have to be diligent with or nothing will work:

Determine what could be causing the mouth odor by analyzing the foods that are consumed. Strong vegetables like garlic and onions can contribute to mouth odor. Potent foods like these are absorbed into the body and released into the blood stream and out of the skin's pores. Also, certain medications taken internally can cause gastric reactions that can also contribute to mouth odors.
    Schedule an appointment with a physician for a full body checkup to determine if the mouth odor is due to an illness in the body or even due to an infection within the body.
    Brush teeth daily after each meal and after consuming sugary or strong foods. Brushing will remove lingering odors and stains off the teeth and will help improve the breath.
    Floss teeth after each meal to remove any lingering food particles that can also contribute to mouth odor.
    Brush the tongue during every session that you brush teeth as well. This will remove any bacteria that possibly lingers on the tongue after meals.
    Consume raw foods like apples and celery. The acids in these foods help to remove plaque and mouth bacteria. Their texture also helps to reduce teeth plaque.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there a cure for mouth odour? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm in a position to cut my relationship to my new lover, 2months since we start our relation. She has got a bad smelling from her mouth. What make me even more angry. It seems that I'm also affected from it througth the romance with her. Any one help!

Smell and odour [ 1 Answers ]

:D Why do we get a smell immediately after the first shower of rain? :rolleyes:

Strange odour [ 1 Answers ]

I have been staying at my partner's house for the last 10 months and about 5 months ago a strong smell of fish (tuna or salmon) began to dominated the hall at the bottom of the stairs from about 10:30 pm to 11:00pm. Just recently it has got stronger and last night it was so strong that I could...

Body Odour [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a 18 year old guy who started suffering from serious strong body odour since last year. I bath at least twice a day, use antibacterial soap, tried tons of deodorants etc and nothing works. I'm very clean and I have no idea what's causing my BO. I've tried everything and nothing works....

View more questions Search