Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    silsoft46 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2009, 03:24 AM
    Horizontal ruler and text in wrong direction
    The horizontal ruler in MS-WORD (MS-OFFICE 2003) is displaying the ruler the wrong way i.e the 1" figure starts on right-hand side and ends up at 14" on the left-hand side. Similarly the cursor positions itself on the RHS and accepts text input from right to left instead of the other way around. I have checked and re-checked the Regional Settings of my WIN XP O.S. and set it to English (United Kingdom). Similarly the Keyboard has been set to English (UK). Despite all this, the screen the direction of ruler and text is not correct.

Can someone please help?? Thank you very much.

:mad:SILSOFT46
    mdosh01 Posts: 64, Reputation: 8

Feb 6, 2009, 06:56 AM

There are also language settings in Microsoft Office that need to be changed (assuming you have more than just Word):

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...845661033.aspx
    silsoft46 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2009, 11:30 PM
    Thank you "MDOSH01". Your pointer to the Microsoft link really helped me in setting the Language for ALL MS-Office applications. The WORD program now works correctly and all symbols on the keyboard display as they are meant to be. Once again, many thanks.
    :)SILSOFT46

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Excel 15 digit issue, tried converting to text, text to column feature negates fix [ 6 Answers ]

I have the following numbers that exceed 15 characters that needs to be split into its own columns. Down the road, there would be thousands of such rows of data with the first couple set of unique numbers. 890432453253208820,5004500558,05CC,1,0,0,0,0,0,0, 0000,5.0000,2007-01-11...

Word 2003 Horizontal Ruler Malfunction [ 2 Answers ]

One document seems to have become corrupted. Under "page setup" I have chosen Letter, and it's set to 8.5 x 11 inches. Top & Bottom = 1", L & R = 1.25" However, the horizontal ruler on top of the page starts at the left-hand corner, but it ends before it gets to the right-hand corner. It is...

Accuracy of a ruler [ 1 Answers ]

If a ruler does not start at zero at the edge, but have it set in a few millimeters. How can this improve the accuracy of the ruler?

Am I going in the wrong direction? [ 8 Answers ]

Help, I have been married for 10 years but with him for 10 also, so 20 years, since we were in school and lately I have not been happy for about the last 5 or 6 years. My husband is a drinker and very lazy we have 2 kids and he doesn't help me do anything at all around the house, with the kids,...

View more questions Search