Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    campbell0607 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2009, 03:37 PM
    Credit Approval
    I was told by wells fargo bank (finanacial) that upon paying off my current loan 6,500, that I was pre-approved for a 25,000 loan to purchase a new car. The only condition was that I paid off my current loan. I did and I took my receipt to the bank proving my loan had been satisfied and I was then told I was only approved for 22,000, when I asked why and began to share my case that previously I asked for 25,000 and was told I was pre-approved the bank manager told me it was no big deal and that initially I was only pre-approved for 22,000 but the extra 3,000 wouldn't be a problem. The next day I found the vehicle I was looking for and it was being sold for 26,500, I then called my bank to get every thing squared away and was then told I couldn't get approved for a loan that exceeded a monthly payment of 400 and that being the case I could only get approved for a loan up to 17,000. Is this normal practice? I feel like I got screwed, I paid 6,500 out of my pocket expecting to in return get the vehicle I was looking for and instead I end up with a 17,000 and in the world of brand new SUV's this amount doesn't cut it.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 5, 2009, 05:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by campbell0607 View Post
    I feel like I got screwed
    Hello campbell:

You did!. It used to be that you could COUNT on what your bank told you... But, not any more.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probation approval [ 4 Answers ]

I have a friend that I go to church with that is on probation for some stupid things he did, but has got back on the right path now, he is on probation for 9 months... out youth group is going on a mission trip to Honduras this summer, do you think his PO will approve him to go? It is a church...

Mothers approval [ 7 Answers ]

My mom doesn't like me. She really doesn't I swear by it. When I was little she would put me down and treat my sister better than me. When I was 12 and my sister 14 she forgot to get me birthday present ] and just recently she kicked me out of the house because she can't handle me and made me leave...

SSN after H1b approval [ 5 Answers ]

My friend is in USA on H4. He had applied for H1b and got an approval. Can he apply for SSN now. If not, when can he apply? What are the documents required? Thanks.

Working on OPT after H1 approval [ 3 Answers ]

Atlanta Expert , I see your excellent solutions , hats off to you. I need a piece of advice.My consultancy is running my payrole on OPT (which is valid till April 2006 ) even when my H1 is approved earlier with a start date of jan 1 2006 . What are the consequences? Is it legal or do I...

View more questions Search