Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KayGates Posts: 95, Reputation: 5

Feb 3, 2009, 08:46 PM
    My puppy attacks my bed violently.
    Hahaha, I know this sounds strange. She just full out attacks my bed. The blankets. She sounds like a little gremlin.
    bones252100 Posts: 253, Reputation: 29

Feb 3, 2009, 08:52 PM

She is playing as all children do.

Feb 3, 2009, 08:59 PM

I thought that too. I just thought I might mention it. It was confusing me. She gets really crazy. Its only right before she falls asleep. She also barks at her reflection and other objects around the house. I think it's cause she is in the "fear" stage.
    linnealand Posts: 1,088, Reputation: 216
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2009, 10:07 AM

How old is she?

My 9 month old English cocker does this every now and then. He is just playing. Same thing with the reflection and occasional objects. He's not at all a fearful pup. These behaviors have a lot to do with just discovering the world, too.

Until he turned about 5 months old, he would be a totally different dog on our bed. Nipping, barking, digging, acting crazy... and even though we wanted him to sleep with us, he much preferred the floor or a basket. I even started my own thread here about it!

I think it has something to do with the amount of your scent that's in the bed, plus maybe some innate things that have to do with playing with his position in the family. I'm not completely sure. In any case, he has just grown out of it and adjusted with time... for the most part! :)

Feb 5, 2009, 08:00 PM

That makes sense. It's so bizarre. I am sure she will get over it. It's funny though because it's usually at a specific time. Its definitely an energy thing.
    sajjw Posts: 117, Reputation: 9

Feb 15, 2009, 06:23 AM

She is playing. How sweet :-) My girl digs my bed sometimes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Puppy attacks older dog [ 1 Answers ]

Our new puppy (lab mix) 5 months, has started attacking our 14 yr.old lab mix when I am close to both of them. The puppy is a sweat heart except for this. We also have a 3 yr old lab that the pup is fine with. Is this a alpha thing?

B16a2 overheating and coolant is violently bubbling in overflow reservoir [ 1 Answers ]

My b16a2 in my delsol is overheating when I drive, I changed the thermostat, the coolant is full in the rad, the fan comes on when hot, there are no leaks, and there is no white smoke coming from tail pipe, does anyone know what the problem is... thanks!!

Puppy attacks cat flap [ 2 Answers ]

My staffordshire bull terrier puppy who is 12 weeks old keeps attacking the cat flap, she is not too bad if door is open but if door is closed she goes mental, how can we sort this?

Co-workers Perfume makes me violently ill. [ 2 Answers ]

Dear Human Resources, I have been having this problem with a co-workers perfume for years. It took two trips to the Emergency Room with a migraine for me to figure out that a specific heavy "designer" perfume that a co-worker wears makes me very ill. I told her about it immediately in a very kind...

View more questions Search