Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abercrombielove Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2009, 02:25 PM
    Long distance.will it work out?
    Well, I met this guy over this website, and he seemed really cool. At first we talked about a few movies and books that we had in common. Later on he expressed his feelings towards me, saying that he thought I was cute. It made me think and I thought he was cute as well. A few days later, he asked me out, and I said yes.
    Now, I had been in an online relationship before.
    I love him so much, and I care for him dearly. He does the same. I know that we will be together for a very long time.

Does anyone have a situation like mine? I just want to know that I'm not alone, and that other people can relate to me.
    JuicyCouture143 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Feb 3, 2009, 02:30 PM

Don't worry, you're not the only one :)
    I have a boyfriend, and we met online on a penpals website, and I am fully in love with him:) and we have so much in common and I know we will be together for a longg timee<3
    techpro Posts: 48, Reputation: 4

Feb 3, 2009, 02:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JuicyCouture143 View Post
    dont worry, youre not the only one :)
    i have a boyfriend, and we met online on a penpals website, and i am fully in love with him:) and we have so much in common and i know we will be together for a longg timee<3
    Yeah our relationship is incredible, I don't know what I would do without her.:D
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2009, 04:36 PM

Long distance relationships can work if the two people involve want it to work and make it work but it will take a lot of trust and compromise. It won't work if someone has any insecurities.

Also, there might be times when you get anger and maybe frustrated because your unable to see the person how you want too and that's normal. I was in one and it worked but it wasn't with someone over the internet.

How long have you known this guy?
    NervousOne Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2009, 02:14 PM

I have been in LDR for 5 yrs... 1200 miles between us... its been a LONG tough road, but in the end it will make you stronger.
    slipperywhenwet Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Feb 8, 2009, 06:28 PM
    Well m actully in one right now and things r going pritty good but I trust my partner and that's the main thing if you trust him/her and they trust you to and nothing bad happens then you every thing will work :]
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 8, 2009, 06:36 PM

I guess I should say great like everyone else, but to be honest they seldom work. First if you have not even meet this person you are in love with the idea and person who is presented online. Past there, about 1/2 turn out to be married and lying looking for some cheap thrills. Others play several ladies at a time

And some are real, but the issue with long distance is that at some time it has to move to a real life relationship, one party will have to move to where the other is and give up all of their old life behind them.

Just move carefully
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Feb 9, 2009, 10:23 AM

My daughter is a success story with a LDR. They met on line on a message board, decided they wanted to speak more privately, so got into a small chat room, wanted more individual attention, and progressed to skype. She was in Atlanta, he in Ottawa, Ontario. Over the past 2 and one half years they visited back and forth for long periods. Today they are happily married. My daughter does not play games, and if there was any hint of him playing, she would have dropped him in a flash. She set her standards very high on how she would be treated by a man, and he met them. The same goes for him. You have to be very mature, level headed, know who you are and be extremely dedicated and respectful to do this. No players allowed.
    chrissymarie Posts: 563, Reputation: 53

Feb 9, 2009, 03:38 PM

I personally don't like long distance relationships and I don't think they work. I just think 2 people need to be physically together to fall in love and stay in love. Lonliness will be the relationship killer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can long distance relationships work? [ 13 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend are in a long distance relationship. I'm 14 and he's 16, we've been together for 8 months. We barely ever get to see each other (4 times a year if we're lucky) and find it really hard (but not impossible) to be in this relationship. We love each other very much and our love for...

Long distance relationships never work for me [ 8 Answers ]

We are both young, just finishing high school and all. We dated for the entire senior year and now that the summer has past she's going to university 4 hours away. We tried the whole long distance relationship thing but that went sour after two weeks as we fought on a daily basis about her drinking...

Will my long distance Relationship work? [ 2 Answers ]

I am currently in a long distance relationship, I've known him for about one year already we met off myspace we were friends before we were lovers... we chatted online and text each other for about 4 months before meeting each other in person and another 3 months after that before being intimate...

New Long Distance Relationship . How to make it work? [ 14 Answers ]

I'm in a long distance relationship with my new boyfriend of three months. Things moved very quickly when I was with him this summer at my hometown. We fell in love, and I've never felt about anyone like this before, also I've never spent so much time with a boyfriend before. I had to go back to...

Can Long Distance Relationships Work? [ 12 Answers ]

Hi, brief intro, met a great girl on holiday and have have seen each other now three times. We often have some form of contact whether its, text messages, instant messaging online and more rarely by telephone to. We live about 2-3 hours away, traffic dependent! Anyway, we enjoy each others...

View more questions Search