Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mmallon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2009, 04:10 AM
    Should my insurance cover water escape that was unseen?
    Hi. Recently my kitchen ceiling started to bow and the lights also fused. My husband rang a plumber and when he pulled the panel off the bath, there was a hole in the floor. The damage had been caused by water escaping down the very small slit in the bath panel over a period. Our whole bathroom is tiled so we had no way of knowing this was happening. When we pulled the carpet up in the landing, underneath the carpet and the floor was completely damp but there was no smell and the damp had not come right through the carpet. We will need our tiles pulled up in the bathroom, new floor in bathroom and landing, new carpet stairs and landing, new kitchen ceiling, electrics fixed and new light. When we contacted our insurance company they said as this seems to have happened over a period, they won't cover the floors but will cover the ceiling. I completely don't agree with this as we had no way of telling this was happening until the bow appeared in the ceiling. Surely if we knew this was happening, we'd have done something straight away to prevent the damage. I think this is an accident as an accident is something that occurs and is unforeseen. Can you tell me why the insurance company are willing to cover the ceiling and not the floors as I have extended emergency cover?

Many thanks

Michelle
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2009, 06:42 AM

I'm not ignoring the question but the only way to know 100% - and also decide if you are getting the coverage you think you have - is to ask your insurance company. Perhaps the floor is considered damaged from flooding and, therefore, not covered, but the company can explain your coverage and policy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does every insurance cover birth control? [ 5 Answers ]

I need to purchase birth control. I have hmo insurance, and I'm 19 so I'm signed with my mom for insurance. Will birth control be provided, or do I have to pay? Also, I remember my doctor saying that even if it is provided, something may come up later in terms of paying so I need to check with...

Insurance full cover [ 3 Answers ]

So I was driving down the street when someone cut me off by going in my lane from the right side and he got a stop sign so. I was going 50 mph and he got in my lane he was going like 10mph so I switched to the right lane ( it's a 4 lane street 2 going 2 comming) so I had to go on the right side ...

Insurance to Cover Infertility Treatments [ 2 Answers ]

I need to find a health insurance that covers infertility treatments in WV. Please let me know. Thanks :)

Will Insurance Cover In My State? [ 1 Answers ]

I am contemplating taking a job in VA. However, I live in WV. Will the new company's plan (Blue Cross) be accepted at the physicians we use here in WV? Thanks for any input.

View more questions Search