Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abusalah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2009, 09:48 AM
    What is the difference between IP VPN networks and Ethernet Networks
    What is the difference between IP VPN networks and Ethernet Networks
    rwinterton Posts: 289, Reputation: 15

Feb 1, 2009, 01:38 PM
    Ethernet networks are standard networks. It uses Internet Protocol (IP) to route packets over the network. VPN (Virtual Private Networking) works over Ethernet. The difference is that when VPN is in use, the packets are encrypted at one end, transmitted over the IP network, and then decoded at the other end.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2 Networks at 1 PC [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I have a question; I have one desktop machine with 2 network interface card. One Broad Band is for internet connection and the other is for the connection of our Office software. Broad Band has the IP Add of 192.168.1.4 with subnet of 255.25.255.0 and supported with gateway 192.168.1.1 ...

2 networks in xp [ 3 Answers ]

OK I'm an idiot but this is causing a problem. I have 2 desktops and a laptop (min) All run XP pro I have 2 desktops wired to a Gigabit switch and from the Gigabit switch to a print server. I also have an ADSL wireless Router.

One PC different Networks [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have a few pcs that need to connect to two different networks. I assume that I will need two nic cards with ip addresses on both networks, I'm just not sure how the configuration should be setup to have the cards communicate. Looking for a document or help on this. Thanks. PCs running w2k...

2 Networks 1 PC [ 13 Answers ]

Hi - I'm wanting to connect my girlfriend's laptop to my home network (so we can share files and she can access my printer) but this is already configured to be on her company network. Is there an easy way for me to configure her laptop so she can access my network when at home (as well as work...

Networks [ 1 Answers ]

How do I get my two pc's to hook up so I can share files between the two?

View more questions Search