Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carly381 Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Jan 30, 2009, 06:14 PM
    Would You Say this is serious ?
    Im 14 years old and have already had 3 emotional breakdowns. I get manicly depressed and that normaly last 2-3 days but ive been manicly depressed for over a week now, i get scared by the thought of being alone, all my freindships and bonds with people seem like their drifting away, my eating habbits have changed i either eat loads or wont eat anything, im scared to talk to people about it properly, and if i get left alone i lose awareness and will just sort of rock backwards and forwards. its like everything keeps getting worse and its getting so hard to cope with anything. Im on the waiting list for a psciatrist at the moment but i might have to wait a few months yet. Should i be concerned about the worsening of my depression?
    and if so what should i do about it?

Please help me this is so hard, and i just can't get my head around anything anymore.
    x:confused::confused::confused:
    shay12 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2009, 02:02 PM
    It seems as though you might have anxiety! It could be serious depending on you deal with the situation! If you see a therepist they will probably give you a medication to help you cope and that could help you! I recommend you try to stay calm until you see a doctor... I think they could help you more than words can!
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2009, 04:32 PM

I think your behavior and thoughts are alarming and it's best for you to see a counselor to get elevuated. You can start by talking to your parents or a trusted adult or even a gudiance counselor at your school.
    roxypox Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 328
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2009, 09:32 PM

It does sound like you might be suffering from anxiety issues, and they might be the cause of the depression.

Like liz said; you should talk to an adult you trust,

1. because you need an adult to know about your situation
    2. that person, can help you. Also to get help and move you up the list.

Because it really doesn't sound as if you should have to wait for several months before you get help!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search