Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ItalianMami82 Posts: 44, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2006, 09:49 AM
    Implantation bleeding.. Possibly pregnant? advice needed
    Hi yes my husband and I are Trying to conceive. I got off BCP on June 24th. And we had unprotected sex sevearl times in July. I took an ovulation test on the 24th and it showed I was ovulating. We had sex the 22nd-24h and the 27th. I had some cramps which felt like my period was coming. Since my cycle isn't back on track I didn't know if it was going to be my period or not.. but then I noticed on the 31st when I went to the bathroom and wiped there was a brown discharge. I wore a tampon just in case it turned into my period, but it was very lite and barely there.. I wasn't sure if it was my period but it lasted a few days.. like 5 or 6 days.. I still don't know if it was implantation bleeding or my period. My period usually I'm very crampy on the first day and it's a heavy flow. But not this time I had no cramps and it was light and barely tehre if it was.. I took a pregnancy test today but it came up negative. So I dotn know if its too early to test or what. Whens a good time to test?? Or should I go get a blood test would I be able to find out sooner? I have noticed that I've been dizzy and lightheaded but I'm not stressed at all. I know stress can change your cycle sometimes, but I'm def not stressed. Please advice is def needed.. my husband and I have our fingers crossed that we did conveive..
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 7, 2006, 09:59 AM
    Welcome to AMHD (I see it is your first time posting) thank you for asking your question here. We will do the best we can with what knowledge and experience we have.

With that being said:

While it is possible that you are pregnant, you should understand that implantation bleeding does not occur to every woman, and to those of us that it does occur, most of us never even notice it.

Since you are one month off BC, BTW you did not say how long you were on, it is possible that this could have been a period. It takes our bodies a long tome to recognize the fact that we have to make our own hormones once we stop BC.

If I were you I would wait another week to take another HPT, if that turns out negative you should make a dr appt for a blood serum test. Just know for sure that HPTs give more false negatives than false positives.

Please do not be upset if you are not pregnant, it may take a while depending several factors:

1. Your age
    2. Length of time on BCP
    3. Kind of BCP; and
    4. Your own hormone levels.

This is nothing we can really do on the forum to help you with this, as a lengthy history & physical exam is best to determine all of these factors.

However, good luck to you and your hubby and please keep us posted.

Aug 7, 2006, 10:11 AM
    Well I'm 23 yrs old. I was on BC for about 2 years. I was figuring it could be my period, but the fact I ovulated and the spotting happened shortly after ovulation made me wonder. I just wanted to know when would be a good time to test for pregnancy. Thank you for answering me.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 7, 2006, 10:13 AM
    Try again in about a week, while I stated it is possible you are pregnant, it may just take a little longer if you are not.

Good luck, I am crossing my fingers that you are. :D

Aug 7, 2006, 10:21 AM
    Hahah thanks my husband and I have our fingers crossed too it would be great to have conceived. Thank you so much for your advice/help. I've looked all over the internet and asking how long implantation can last and just trying to figure out what's up. Thanks again!:) :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I be pregnant, is this implantation bleeding? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello everyone, The first day of my last period was July 19, 2006, I had never be on birth control. My period was suppose to come today August 16, but yesterday I notice a pinkish discharge. This discharge is very very light, I wear a panty liner and keep checking hoping that my period...

Implantation bleeding [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I think I may have had implantation bleeding but I am not sure as I have been told different things, I bleed for two days both of which lasted less than 12 hours and were how described I am now currently not bleedin but myt real period hasn't come along, could that be why? I also did a test...

Implantation bleeding? [ 6 Answers ]

I had my period April 6-10. Which is the normal length. My husband and I had intercourse on the 11, 15, and 17. On the 20 and 21, yesterday and today I started having some spotting that is brown with a little red. I was wondering if this could be implantation bleeding. I took a hpt today and it was...

Implantation Bleeding [ 1 Answers ]

OK, I have low progesterone, so... also I was put on clomid days 5-9, I ovulated on day 11, now today is day 8, Ive had a little sickness, and today I noticed a little brown color in my panties... well tonight there's a little redish spotting. So I took a first response test tonight, and it said...

IMPLAntation Bleeding? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi.. Recently I had a short period of bleeding... about week. after my period went away...It was very pink at first and light and the second day turned a little darker.. (lasted only 2 days) I had intercourse twice after my period and several times before my period came.... I read about...

View more questions Search