Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tax_query Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2009, 04:11 PM
    Can eFile and apply for ITIN?
    As I need to apply for ITIN of my spouse. Can I e File and then apply for ITIN?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 2, 2009, 10:25 AM
    Negative.

The ITIN application (Form W-7) just be submitted with the joint tax return with your spouse's SSN area remaining BLANK to the ITIN center in Austi, Texas.

Any Form W-7 submitted by itself will be rejected.

This process must be done via the USPS; online filing is NOT an option.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Apply ITIN outside USA [ 3 Answers ]

I'm a Chinese citizen and now resident in Canada. I want to apply ITIN to use tax treaty on the income from resources in US. So I don't need any tax return form because of Exception #1, is that right? Which tax treaty should I use? US-China, or US-Canada, or can I choose?

Do I need to apply for ITIN for dependent ? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am having L1B visa and my spouse and kids are on L2 visa. I am having my SSN. I work in NY and stay in NJ. Do I need to get ITIN for spouse and Kid for federal and state Tax both ? If Yes, When can I apply for ITIN for dependent?I will really appreciate, If any one can brief me about...

How to Apply for ITIN [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am on H1 and my wife came here last week on H4. I am also in the process of changing my job and my H1 transfer application is with USCIS right now. I wanted to apply for her ITIN. I know I am suppose to fill up W7 form. But is there anything else that she needs to apply for her Driver;s...

On L1, Spouse and kid on L2 , should I apply for ITIN or SSN [ 3 Answers ]

Hi , I have few of questions 1. I am on L1 and my spouse and 18 month kid are on L2. Can I apply for their SSN or I should apply for ITIN. 2.In future my wife may work , and then she will applying for EAD and then get a SSN . Is it possible to get a SSN after getting ITIN. 3.We came US on...

View more questions Search