Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sweetgal21 Posts: 60, Reputation: 2

Jan 29, 2009, 02:52 PM
    Confused about what course to do?
    ] I want to go to college this year but really confused in what course to do. I was looking at public services or hair and beauty but can not seem to make my mind up.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2009, 05:53 PM

Hi, sweetgal21!

One thing that you might want to do to help you in making a decision for what courses to take, would be to ask some people who are in the professions that you might want to enter, if they would let you "shadow" them for a few days to see what they actually do so that you can see what goes into what they do.

Hopefully, others will also be along to address your question.

Thanks!
    sweetgal21 Posts: 60, Reputation: 2

Jan 30, 2009, 07:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, sweetgal21!

One thing that you might want to do to help you in making a decision for what courses to take, would be to ask some people who are in the professions that you might want to enter, if they would let you "shadow" them for a few days to see what they actually do so that you can see what goes into what they do.

Hopefully, others will also be along to address your question.

Thanks!
    Hi clough!
    Thank you for your advice. I really want to do Public services then get in to the police but I just don't know if I should, I have 2 kids and I don't really know whether it's the right choice I am making. I am not really that into hair & beauty..
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 4, 2009, 04:04 AM
    Hi again, sweetgal21!

My suggestion is to follow your heart as to what you want to do taking your family into consideration. If you have children that might be at an age where they really need their mother, then you might want to consider doing something that would allow you to spend as much time with them as possible.

Thanks!
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2009, 08:19 AM

For now, you can take basic courses like College Writing I & II, whatever math and sciences are required... all the core courses.

The only way to know what you want to do is go out in the real world and research. Google any idea that crosses your mind, meet people who are in the field your interested in and ask a ton of questions, watch people on the job and see how they like it. And never, never stop doing this, even if you've found your calling.

I made all sorts of inquiries for years and since I was a freshman in high school, I was dead-set on software development. And here I am, as software developer, sitting in my office of my job as I write this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

She is confused about us [ 6 Answers ]

I started seeing a gal two months ago. We knew each other as friends for years. I was always curious about her, but she was with someone, so I did not ask her out. She then broke up with her boyfriend of 3 years when I recently re-contacted her. We met for a beer, and proceeded to mash. Since then,...

I'm confused [ 7 Answers ]

I like a girl and she knows it and feels bad that she doesn't like me back. She has a boyfriend and I want to get over her but its like impossible. What should I do?

I'm confused [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for 4 years. I have never cheated on him and I don't believe he has cheated on me. The first day I came on my menstrual period I had red broken skin on one side of my vagina. This is the second time this has happened in the past 2 months. It only happened when my...

I really am confused [ 7 Answers ]

OK I have 2 kids with this guy and he got locked up and he has 3 years to do and I really can't seem to get him out of my heart because we were together for 5 years and now I am engaged to be married and I don't want to be with this guy that I am with right now do you think I should call this...

View more questions Search