Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    francod Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2009, 10:45 AM
    I have a furnace and only one vent blows cold air
    Hello , I have a furnace in my basement of the 5 vents only one blows cold air? I can see the air ducts and there is no leak.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 29, 2009, 11:09 AM
    Very strange. If the duct that is blowing cold is connected to the main duct that is blowing hot I cannot see how it would not be working unless it is a return air duct and they can feel like they are blowing cold but are actually taking cold ait back to the furnace. You might also see if there is a damper on the pipe that is closed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace blows cold air [ 1 Answers ]

Carrier Furnace model is 58SCX120 - When initial request from thermostat is made, furnace starts up correctly. After the initial heating cycle, the furnace often blows cold air. The inducer fan and the blower continue to run but there is no flame. The cycle seems to be locked up. I have replaced...

Furnace blows cold air. [ 1 Answers ]

My Furnace blows out cold air, like air conditioning when the fan kicks on... and then after a 10 minutes or so it is warm... if I put it on emergency heat it doesn't do that.. it warms right up.. the guy that worked on it before said I could run it on emergency heat unless it is like below 30...

Why cold air blows out of cold air return when furnace is on [ 1 Answers ]

Why does cold air blow out of the cold air return when the furance is on?

Furnace blows cold air [ 3 Answers ]

Yesterday my furnace stopped heating my home. It is 3 years old & I did some minor troubleshooting. The filter is not clogged and the blower is circulating air normally. I checked inside the unit & the ignitor coil is heating and starting the gas jets burning, but they shut off after about 10...

Furnace blows cold air... [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a new member and thought I had already posted my question, but I can't seem to locate it. So, here I go again. Condensed version: Goodman Gas Furnace... 2years old. Blows cold air. Electronic ignition... ignites flame burners, but they turn off prematurely after about 2-3min. Then after a...

View more questions Search