Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xashley Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2009, 03:03 PM
    Sweaty baby
    My daughter is 17 months old, yesterday I put her to bed in just a diaper and she woke up about a half hour later. When I went in to see her her pillow was wet and her hair was also wet, she did feel warm before I put her to bed. After I noticed that she was sweaty I brought her into my room because it was a little cooler that her room, I put a fan on and started sweating again even with the fan on. This was the first time that she has sweated this much. Is there anything to be worried about?
    GirlWSlingshot Posts: 224, Reputation: 21

Jan 30, 2009, 12:59 PM

Did she have a fever? Any sickness in the house?

Some babies sweat more than others. But if this is a new thing for her and there was no fever, you might want ot mention it to her pediatrician.
    SaraKammeraad Posts: 82, Reputation: 2

Jan 31, 2009, 10:36 PM

If she's not sick I wouldn't worry about it. I have 3 kids and they all had different sleep sweat habits. My daughter who is now 4, still sweats. My son, 7 only did it whe he was under a year. My youngest son, 3 sweats when he's covered up, no matter what the temp is. If she's not sick it may just be her metabolism which is higher than an adults and it is common for kids to sweat when they sleep.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 1, 2009, 06:30 AM
    One question I have...

Does she urinate a lot?
    Nickcom2007 Posts: 8, Reputation: 3

Feb 2, 2009, 12:13 AM

My daughter is 19 months and I can not put her to bed in anything more than a LIGHT t-shirt and a diaper or else she'll sweat all night. If no fever, the baby is probably okay. If abnormal, call your doctor and either make an appointment or leave a message for someone to call you so you can talk about it. As long as the baby is drinking and urinating properly, it's probably okay. But I would call the doctor just to be safe.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why am I always hot and sweaty? [ 1 Answers ]

About 4 years ago, I had a bad fall down the stairs. Since my recovery, I have always had a pain under my back, right rib. Some days it is worse than others, especially in the mornings if I drink alcohol the night before. It is also more painful if I sleep on my right side. However, in the...

Sweaty underarms [ 3 Answers ]

A friend of mine have sweaty underarms and it shows on the clothes she wear. Though she doesn't smell bad but she's really embarrassed about it.. can you help me help her? Thanks! :)

View more questions Search