Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rodster1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2009, 07:12 AM
    Hobbie with my son
    My son is 14 years old and usually comes to stay with me on the weekends. He is consumed with XBOX Live. If it was up to him, he'd be in his room the entire day. It's winter now and so offering to play catch is not something he'd respond to . What sort of hobbie can I do with him?
    FlyYakker Posts: 378, Reputation: 41

Jan 27, 2009, 07:59 AM

E-games are a blight on civilization. They'd be fine with a bit of moderation.
    Ah, yes, the e-game couch potato... I feel your pain.

Might try radio controlled airplanes or helicopters. There are beginner models, some of which are small enough for indoors, ready to go out of the box, that you can try without breaking the bank. Google for them and you will get all sorts of hits... or go to the local hobby store. I know it sounds like just more gadgetry, but if he gets into it, there is a lot of practical, hands on, stuff to learn and do. Some of it may break the bank but would be worthwhile.

Of course in the summer there is always fishing, kayaking (ocean and white water), rock climbing and stuff, although kids aren't too much into bucolic things these days it seems. Very sad.

Good luck
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 27, 2009, 08:07 AM
    Indoor pool, winter hike, check your paer to see what weekend events are happening in your town.
    rebelwife Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2009, 09:20 AM

Taking skating or bowling its always fun and if he doesn't know how to do it them you can teach him
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2009, 09:21 AM

Take him to play a round of paintball.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 27, 2009, 10:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by spitvenom View Post
    Take him to play a round of paintball.
    Excellent! That or laser tag. What 14 year old wouldn't like to pop their dad with a fluorescent ball in the side of the head! :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search