Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    survivorboi Posts: 431, Reputation: 9

Jan 26, 2009, 05:05 PM
    Something is weird!
    My laptop just keep on popping up the message:
    C:/Users/"My name"/ appdata/local/temp/~tmpa.exe
    The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction. It then gives a line of number with last saying: choose "close" to terminate the application.

I has a 2 buttons, one saying "close" another saying "ignore".

It happened about 3 times now, I press close. What do I do? Is it dangerous?
    andrewc24301 Posts: 374, Reputation: 29

Jan 26, 2009, 05:56 PM
    You've got a malware infestation. Not good at all.

Google "tmpa.exe" and you will see a wide list or ways to "remove" it.

I had something like this once, however I was not successful at ridding myself of it and had to wipe the hard drive to the computer and start over.

Be ready to take it to a computer shop. Because if you have this bug, chances are you've got countless other spywares and trojans on your computer.
    survivorboi Posts: 431, Reputation: 9

Jan 26, 2009, 06:06 PM

Everything else is fine. The only difference is the message pops up every once in 15 minutes
    andrewc24301 Posts: 374, Reputation: 29

Jan 26, 2009, 08:09 PM

Most spyware is designed to be discreet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Am I weird? [ 12 Answers ]

I'm 14 I'm in the 8th grade and I HATE make up and I don't like wearing skirts or dresses... I barely ever wear shorts all I like to wear is blue jeans a t-shirt and my hoodie... is that weird??

Weird [ 3 Answers ]

"Below" my boyfriend's penis, where his vagina would be if he were a girl, there is a small orange line, raised up a little, like a scar. He is worried that he is a hermaphrodite and his parents had him "fixed" when he was young and they are hiding it. :o

This is weird [ 4 Answers ]

OK so this girl came up to me and said she liked me witch is cool because I like her but she finally dump the guy she was dateing and told me to wait tll xfer x-mas and now she won't that me I am 16 she is 15 I really really really like her I thought she felt the same way atlest she said she did I...

How is this for weird... [ 1 Answers ]

may dad passed away last yr feb... had dream about waking up looking at alarm clock and saw the time my dad was telling me I'd be late for school... guess what... the daily #'s came out and MATCHED the time on clock!! and I never played them!! weird... happened 2x's so far.. thought they were...

View more questions Search