Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leesgrl4ever Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2009, 12:54 PM
    Spirit or ghost sighting
    I was awakened by something this morning and I don't know what it is or what it means. I woke up and a ghost or spirit was standing at the foot of my bed , at my husbands feet. I closed my eye and opened them again and it was still there but the room was so bright I thought it was daylight outside. I closed my eyes again and this time I opened my eyes and it was gone and the room was dark. It was only 2:30 in the morning, what could that mean?
    Alder Posts: 342, Reputation: 71

Jan 26, 2009, 06:08 PM

People coming from a skeptical paradigm, and we have a few of those around here, would say it was a hypnagogic (edge of sleep) dream. I come from a spiritualist perspective, but I would actually say the same thing. Only, I'd say that you were still in a dream or trance state, and that allowed you to see things on a level that you ordinarily would not see in a full waking state. But what you saw may nonetheless have been real. It's like putting on the secret decoder glasses that allow you to see a message, where before there were just colorful squiggles.

So it may have been real, but don't be frightened. There are spirits everywhere, but our fear is usually the biggest harm they can do to us. A spirit getting into your house at night is no worse than a moth getting in and fluttering around for a while. If you're a mean person, you might try to squish it. If you're a nice person, you might help it find its way. Or you can just let it be.
    MaizieeBird. Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2011, 07:05 AM
    One night I stayed at my boyfriends house, at about 4 O'clock in the morning. I woke to see a male figure run around the bed and disappear undearneath the foot end of the bed, imeadiatley I jumped out of bed and ran to the foot of the bed and began to call my boyfriends name, he woke up and told me to get back in bed, in the morning he told me about what happened and that he haddnt seen the male figure. I don't blieve in ghosts but I do believe in spirits of somkind. What do you suppose this means?
    Wowza Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2011, 04:45 AM

This has happened twice... About 4:30 in the morning a woman who at first I thought was mama but when I asked Mama later that day, She said she hadn't done anything. I have no clue what it was, But I could feel it, hear it, and see it. It was a big black shadow waking me up by shaking me. I have no clue what it was.
    Wowza Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2011, 04:46 AM
    So I'm level with you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spirit, ghost, shadow person? [ 6 Answers ]

As a child I remember seeing (and sensing) a male human figure/shadow enter my room and search through my jewellery box which was near the head of my bed. It was a slim figure, completely black (like a shadow) and over say 5 foot. It did not harm or touch me but I was scared stiff. However I don't...

I saw "spirit/ghost".. weird feeling! [ 2 Answers ]

I posted another thread titled.. My house is haunted.. But I wanted to share what happened to me almost 5 years ago at my dads house. My mom had passed away 10 days before xmas almost 5 years ago. I went to visit my dad about 2 weeks after she died. I was sitting at his kitchen table talking on the...

Sighting at my office [ 1 Answers ]

I have had three encounters at my building where I work. Have seen the same man 2 times and a black dot about the size of a nickel bouncing around in the air in my warehouse. After each encounter it has become cool even chilly near the encounter area. Is there a website I can go to, to find out if...

View more questions Search